So I picked Up a Streamlight Nano For The Princely Sum Of $7.99

cslinger

Enlightened
........and color me impressed. This is a bright itty bitty little sucker. Sure bright is a relative term and there are indeed key chain lights putting out 20+ lumens with Crees and what not but for 8 bucks and a form factor the size of a woman's earring this thing ain't half bad.

I am constantly looking for a decent key chain light as twistys usually turn on in my pocket as do squeeze lights etc. I am going to give the Nano a shot to see how it does. I figure for the money spent what the hell.

So at any rate the Nano so far seems like a very decent little cheap key chain light.

Chris

Mdinana

Enlightened
I've had a Nano on my keychain for close to 4-5 months now. It still looks great, turns on wonderfully, and yes, is bright as heck for a small light (with, what, a 5mm LED?). In fact, I plan on buying a few more - there was a thread a few weeks ago on it, with links to batteries.

I'm not really a Streamlight guy, but this is a pretty impressive light.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did your price of $7.99 include shipping? If so, may I ask where you got it?

........and color me impressed. This is a bright itty bitty little sucker. Sure bright is a relative term and there are indeed key chain lights putting out 20+ lumens with Crees and what not but for 8 bucks and a form factor the size of a woman's earring this thing ain't half bad.

I am constantly looking for a decent key chain light as twistys usually turn on in my pocket as do squeeze lights etc. I am going to give the Nano a shot to see how it does. I figure for the money spent what the hell.

So at any rate the Nano so far seems like a very decent little cheap key chain light.

Chris

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got one last week, and I really like it except mine is relatively loose, and I wouldn't trust it to not turn on or come apart in my pocket. Are others more tight? I might try another one (or two) if so, but if they are all loose, I'll pass.

Mdinana

Enlightened
I just got one last week, and I really like it except mine is relatively loose, and I wouldn't trust it to not turn on or come apart in my pocket. Are others more tight? I might try another one (or two) if so, but if they are all loose, I'll pass.

Mine is pretty snug - never had an accidental turn on. I wasn't too sure on the lobster-claw clip, but never any problem there so far.

popcornpicker

Newly Enlightened
The Nano impresses more non flashlight people than any other LED flashlight I"ve ever seen. I'm new to flashlights and buy ones that are recommended on CPF. This is a definite winner. It has the same runtime and output as a Fenix EO1. The biggest knock on them seems to be the LR41 batteries but you can buy 100 from DX for less than $4.00.

You can get Nanos from Lighthound for $5.99. A nice compliment on a keychain is also the Spyderco Starling on Lighthound for $10.99 or thereabouts. It's like having a survival kit on a keychain.

I don't see any downside to these lights. I've already given quite a few away and there will be many more in Christmas stockings.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just received mine today. I assume it has a Nichia GS LED, is that right? I was comparing it with my GS photon Freedom and the Freedom had a much warmer, yellow beam. I wonder if LRI has the dibs on the good bin LEDs.

lumenal

Enlightened
The biggest knock on them seems to be the LR41 batteries but you can buy 100 from DX for less than $4.00.

I looked at this Nano today - the only thing that held me back was if it was using LR41 or LR44 cells.

Of course I have about 3 dozen LR44s, (silver oxides, no less), and no LR41s. :shakehead

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I looked at this Nano today - the only thing that held me back was if it was using LR41 or LR44 cells.

Of course I have about 3 dozen LR44s, (silver oxides, no less), and no LR41s. :shakehead

I'd be interested to know how much current silver oxides provide vs alks if that's possible to measure for you. Seems like a decent way to get a better runtime curve.