LiteFlux LF2 questions, feedback & suggestions part 2

LED Cool

Enlightened
Some CPF'er will be receiving their LF2 soon and some have used it for a month or more. This thread purpose is to introduce the LF2 and collects all user's

first impressions of LF2.
opinions and comments on the design, features & operation of the LF2 and
suggestions for improvement in any aspects.

whether these are positive or negative are welcome.

also for those who are considering a LiteFlux LF2 but have questions about certain issues, you may find the answers in this thread. if not please post your questions here as well.

First some introductions for those who are new to the LiteFlux LF2.

The LiteFlux LF2 is, AFAIK, the first AAA CREE LED light with the following unique features & functions.

2 stage output with user controllable brightness.
No PWM flickering at extreme low output.
BVI - Battery Voltage Indicator.
OP - Overdischarge protection for Alkaline, NICD, NIMH & Li-Ion rechargeable battery.
Strobe - 2 stage strobe with user controllable brightness and frequency.
SOS - 2 stage SOS output with user controllable brightness. (cycle repeats is 3 seconds).

Some official photos.
Wooden gift box

Contents (Accessories include Diffuser, 3 spare O rings and silicon lubricant)

LED : CREE XR-E
Input voltage : 0.9V - 5.0V (AAA/10440)
AAA battery chemistry : Alkaline(1.5V), NIMH(1.2V), NICD(1.2), Primary Lithium(1.7V) & rechargeable Li-Ion 10440(4.2V)
Uses PWM at high frequency 7800Hz. No flickering at 0.2% output
Removeable Orange peel aluminium reflector (Diameter 12mm, Depth 8mm)
AR Coated glass lens (Diameter 12mm, thickness 1mm)
HA III black finish
Single o ring seal at lens, LED module & battery tube.
3 positions twisting action for on/off and programming : off, P1, P2
Tighten for off. Reduce the chances of losing the complete head (bezel & LED module)
Lock out mode : loosen 2 turns
Stable tail stand
Tail end has 2 round holes and 2 elongated holes for various size keyrings
Area lighting with diffuser installed
All parts can be dismantle by hand or using a sharp tweezer
water resistant
patent pending for the 2 stage mechanism and battery voltage indicator
beam diameter at 1 metre is approximately 1 metre as well
FOUR (4) operating modes

1. Standard mode - 2 output. default at 15% brightness & 50% brightness

2. User adjustable mode - default at 50%. Adjustable to 0.2% (8 seconds) or 100% (8 seconds)

3. Strobe mode - 2 stobes. default 1 Hz at 50% brightness & 15.6 Hz at 100% brightness

4. SOS mode - 2 SOS brightness. default 6.5% & 50%. cycle repeats every 3 seconds

all of the above mentioned output and frequencies can be user programmable via the programming function.

FIVE (5) Extra functions

1. Battery voltage indicator - works on Alkaline, NIMH & Lithium Ion battery

2. Programming function - User can define the output and frequencies of the 4 operating modes mentioned above

3. Demo function - Will display all available brightness and frequencies of the four operating modes. Demo runs for a few minutes and revert back to previous mode

4. Overdischarge protection for rechargeable batteries - works on NICD, NIMH & Lithium Ion battery (4.2V, 10440)

5. Factory reset - Restore EEPROM back to factory default settings for all operating modes & extra functions

Turn Off Memory (TOM)

The LiteFlux LF2 has a unique design in its software code. i personally called it Turn Off Memory (TOM). TOM remember the last operating mode before the light is turn off. the next time the user turns on the light, it will turn on in the last operating mode (i.e. previous mode).

for example, if you use your LF2 mainly as strobe light or SOS, you do not need to go through the process of selecting strobe or SOS again everytime you turn it on.

with NetKidz's permission, here are more photos.

Size comparison with LiteFlux LF1

with diffuser screw on

LF2 taken apart.

Bezel with deep orange peel aluminium reflector

Tail has 2 round holes and 2 elongated holes.

Left:LF2, Right:LF1

No flickering because PWM is 7800Hz.
Top is LF2 (0.2%), middle is C-LE (low) and the bottom is MK.II X (5%)

There is a thread, started by zz6557, on the LiteFlux LF2 with more photos by NetKidz and antc_tw2002 in the CPF LED section.
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/150055

and an informative mini review thread by NetKidz, with more photos by ynda.
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/154068

i hope this thread will serve to provide as much information as possible on the LiteFlux LF2.

Thank you
khoo

bluewater

Newly Enlightened
As I eagerly await the arrival of my LF2X a question comes to mind. Does the latest version remember the setting in "User Adjustable Mode". I know the LF2 did not.

JBorneu

Enlightened
Yes, it remembers the user adjustable output. Congrats on your new light, you'll love it. The moment I got my LF2X it became my small EDC (I also carry a NDI in my bag / coat / on a belt holster but needed something smaller to put in my pants when I can't wear the belt holster)

The only issue is the quick-release lanyard attachement. It will come off when you use it as a keychain light. I use some tape to prevent it from turning, that way it can't come loose (if you don't know what I'm talking about you'll get it when you see your light). There's a mod somewhere here which shows how to take the pocket clip off ant put a bent paper clip in place as a sturdy keychain attachement, I tried it but like it better with a piece of tape.

LedCool is probably not following this thread anymore and we're talking about a different light, but, LedCool, if you're reading this, we all would like a keychain attachement for the LF2X that won't come off unless we want it to. But that's an isssue that has been known for some time here so I guess you know that already.

HesNot

Enlightened
I have one with the screw on diffuser that I use, diffuser installed, as a tent/hammock light when I go camping. It still works great in that capacity.