cr123batteries.com

jeremyison05

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone had any experience with the batteries from cr123batteries.com ? They seem very cheap, and i'd be more willing to run cr123 primaries if these are a viable option and won't make my SF go :poof:

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Having no experience with them, but just by taking a look I'd stay away. cheap CR123's = bad. You can get quality and even name brand ones for several cents more apiece.

jeremyison05

Newly Enlightened
Ya, I've been using the titanium 1600 high discharge NiHm's in my mag 85 and ROP for some time now, and i'm very happy with them. I'll probably start using their titanium brand cr123's since they're only like 10 cents more a piece.

pfccypret

Newly Enlightened
I wouldn't trust them.

I've only had one meltdown and it was with extremely cheap batteries I got on ebay. Since I've gone with more trusted brands, I've never had an issue.

Nothing against this product, they might actually be good batteries. But I would hold off until a few other people have ordered and tested them.

Art Vandelay

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would not trust cheap Chinese batteries unless they had been tested by SilverFox.

For $1 you can get SilverFox tested Chinese Titanium cr123s at BatteryJunction.com.

American made cr123s from are $1, if you buy at least 50 from BatteryStation.com.

mdocod

Flashaholic
If you are using CR123s, then cost of operation is very obviously a low priority to begin with. Might as well be safe and use something decent. Even the RayoVac brand of CR123s have a great track record and can be found under $1.50 per cell.

If you are really looking for a way to reduce your cost of operation on a light that is used frequently, the way to do that is by finding an appropriate rechargeable solution for the light in question- that can often be BACKED UP by CR123s (in many configurations and lights).

li-ion cells have a good track record of safety here, arguably much better than CR123 primary cells. If you use your light enough, the cost of a nice charger, and some cells, can overcome the cost of using CR123s within weeks or months depending on your usage patterns. Also, when you know the cells being used can be recharged, you are more likely to use the light when you may have otherwise "saved" it for fear of burning through expensive CR123s.

If you are interested in a rechargeable solution to your light, give us some information to work with about which flashlight you need to make rechargeable. Some are better candidates than others.

If you prefer to stick with CR123s, (perfectly understandable), then please, spend a little extra and stick to quality cells.

Eric

jeremyison05

Newly Enlightened
I don't normally use primaries in my lights, but I like to keep some in stock just in case I need them. Normally when i'm out i'll carry my P3D and my 9P with a EO-9. The 9p runs off of two AW 17500's, and I carry an extra set of 17500's with me. I use the 9P for long range identification (ID'ing critters at night) and P3D for getting around. Most of the time I don't run both sets of 17500's down, but I keep 3 primaries on me just incase.

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't normally use primaries in my lights, but I like to keep some in stock just in case I need them. Normally when i'm out i'll carry my P3D and my 9P with a EO-9. The 9p runs off of two AW 17500's, and I carry an extra set of 17500's with me. I use the 9P for long range identification (ID'ing critters at night) and P3D for getting around. Most of the time I don't run both sets of 17500's down, but I keep 3 primaries on me just incase.

I have a 9P with Malkoff and that's my usage also.
What charger do you use for 17500s, and which brand of 17500s do you have?

M60_1.jpg