Are you ready for the zombies?

SnWnMe

Enlightened
Freak accident in super secret bio genetic research lab turns everyone except you and a few others into ravenous zombies.

You got your armored bus parked outside the Home Depot you barricaded yourself in so now spec out your Bug Out Bag.

1 long arm
1 handgun
1 melee weapon
1 last ditch weapon
3 EDC items

Go!

carbine15

Flashlight Enthusiast
long arm - my name duh,
hand gun - Glock 30 (.45acp)
Melee weapon - Sword Katana (best weapon for zombies)
Last ditch weapon - Whatever I can grab.
EDC items - 17670 KL1R light
Radio set
Gas mask M40

arioch

Enlightened
1 long arm- Ruger Mini 14 (.223)
1 handgun- Sig Sauer P229 (.40 S&W)
1 melee weapon- Khukri
1 last ditch weapon- Randall Made Knives Model 2 "Fighting Stiletto"
3 EDC items- Kevlar/Spectra covered leather gloves; master lock pick set; Fenix E20

As I am locking myself in a Home Depot, I would also pick up a crow/pry bar and other tools/weapons while inside. No food, though ... :(

vtunderground

Enlightened
Remington 870 18"
HK USP Compact 9mm
bush ax (curved blade on long handle)
broken beer bottle
Surefire L4, Surefire L1, CRKT "Plan B"

Funny story... When I bought the 870, my fiancee asked my why I needed it. She's a big fan of the horror movies, so I asked her "What're YOU going to do when the zombies come?" She conceded that I had a good point, haha!

SnWnMe

Enlightened
I'm bringing a Mini 14 but I'll probably shorten the barrel (will that still be illegal?:rolleyes:)

A Glock 17

I chose 5.56 and 9mm because they will be easy to find.

Melee weapon will be a wazikashi so it will be easier to swing

Last ditch weapon will be a 12" bowie

EDC: Maglite LED (runs on easy to get AAs), Leatherman Super Tool and a grenade for taking as many of them with me as I could! :mad:

Chuck289

Enlightened
long arm - bolt action .22lr rifle
handgun - .22lr revovler
melee weapon - Lobotomizer (read World War Z)
last ditch weapon - crow bar
edc - fenix l2t, leatherman multitool, Ontario Rat7 fixed blade

The .22 is an effective zombie weapon. Once zombies are 'zombified', their bones only get weaker and more brittle over time. They do not have the regenerative properties we enjoy. The .22 will easily penetrate the skull. Plus is readily available and I can carry a lot of it.

Read The Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks. The information in there may save your life someday.

ozner1991

Enlightened
long arm is gonna be an m60 :grin2:

handgun is gonna be the FN five-seven (i like alot of rounds)

melee is gonna be an kukri or extendable baton (i might wanna have some fun) :twak:

last ditch an hand granade

3 edc's..... multitool, fenix e20 and ummmmmm do friends that follow me around count? no? oke then its fingerless leather gloves:crackup:

Fallingwater

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are the zombie stupid (shambling, slow, killed by hitting them with just about anything in the head) or smart (capable of using armor, weapons and vehicles)? The answers vary greatly based on this distinction.

In the case of stupid zombies there would be no need for high caliber weapons or high precision; I'd need something that could put a single hole in as many zombie heads as possible with minimal space requirements and reloading hassle, so I'd go for:

1 long arm
Not sure if it qualifies as a long arm, but I'd take a AM180. 22 caliber, 275 round magazine; with one of those I could pop zombie heads all day long with minimal reloading worries, and if facing a large amount of zombies at close range I'd switch it to auto, target their heads and not let go of the trigger finger until they're all dead. Well, doubly dead, anyway. And the bullets are small and light, so I could carry a large amount of them. And if I ever ran out 22s are the most common bullets around, so it wouldn't be too hard to acquire large amounts of them.

1 handgun
Another 22LR. It would only be used in an emergency in case the AM180 jammed or something, so it'd have to be super-reliable; this probably means a revolver. A long-ish barrel for precision and added power would be good. Something like a 9-shot H&R 929 or similar.

1 melee weapon
Need I even say it? A chainsaw, of course :naughty:

1 last ditch weapon
I assume firearms are out of the question as last-ditch, so I'd take the sharpest sword I could find.

3 EDC items
A powerful flashlight (duh!) with a lot of batteries
A lighter
A large can of flammable aerosol spray (combine with n.2 for an effective emergency weapon; for some reason, dumb zombies seem to often be vulnerable to fire)

Now, in the case of smart zombies...

1 long arm
Barrett M82 .50BMG for splattering armored zombies and/or destroying zombie-driven vehicles from a safe distance.

1 handgun
If a SMG can be considered in this category, a FN P90. If it can't, a 9mm Calico M100.

The rest is the same.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
a stick of butter 3 peas a can of cream of wheat and a fake mustache is all ya need

tradderran

Newly Enlightened
1 Long Arm BAR .30.06 AUTO
2 Handgun Colt 1911 .45
3 Melee A double bit battle axe.
4 Last Ditch weapon Randall #1 fighter
3 EDC
1 Z12 surefire
2 A2 surefire
3 Surefire Beast

Let the fun begin:whistle:

DArklite

Enlightened
long arm AK47
handgun Glock 30
melee flamethrower
last ditch C4

3 EDC
Cold Steel recon tanto
Fenix L2D
water

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since we have a dreamland scenario

1 long arm : Alien's II tropper assault rifle
1 handgun: Robocop's gun
1 melee weapon: Thor's hammer
1 last ditch weapon: 1 Teraton Nuke
3 EDC items, 1000 watt led variable focus, variable intensity powered by Terminator's fuel cell, a nanosuit like the one in crysis, and some beer!

SnWnMe

Enlightened
Since we have a dreamland scenario

1 long arm : Alien's II tropper assault rifle
1 handgun: Robocop's gun
1 melee weapon: Thor's hammer
1 last ditch weapon: 1 Teraton Nuke
3 EDC items, 1000 watt led variable focus, variable intensity powered by Terminator's fuel cell, a nanosuit like the one in crysis, and some beer!

Zombies are for realz yo!

cslinger

Enlightened
Longarm - My SIG 556 with Aimpoint and light (Reliable, accurate, multi-purpose)
Sidearm - Glock 17 with CTC laser (Reliable, High Capacity, CTC adds to snap head shot accuracy)
Melee - Combat hatchet of some type (Tool and weapon)
Last Ditch - Ruger Mark II .22 caliber handgun (Lots of .22 is easy to carry, quiet, adequate zombie zapper but not necessarily up to the task of the other other unscrupulous living hence not my primary)
1-HDS EDC flashlight (Low light, long runtime)
1-Night Vision Gear
1-Body armor / neck / gloves /etc.

I can pretty much get anything else I could possibly need from the Home Depot.

Last edited:

Latest posts