fixed my p90 lamp assembly!

kalieaire

Newly Enlightened
wow check this, i went on a snowboarding trip last thanksgiving with a bunch of my buddies. I had my 9P inside my bag and i pulled it out to use when we were back from snowboarding, apparently my friend forgot to turn off his headlights.

i pulled it out and to my dismay my bulb was dead.

I couldn't figure it why.

So I pulled out my e2 and e1's instead.. oh well at least those guys were alright.

When we finally got back from the trip, I had a chance to look under a magnifiying device to see what was the problem. The filament had somehow detatched itself from one of the terminals. dohweth!

yea so that sucked. I must've really manhandled my bag in my friend's van.

Well just a few moments ago I was wondering hmm.. if it was shocked to death, maybe I could shock it to life?

Anyway, I connected it to current and started smashing the lamp assembly to my desk.

i did it lightly a few times and it didn't work.
frown.gif

no results, I finally got frustrated and slammed it as hard as I could.

well, one, it left a dent in my desk, oops.

two, the light turned on!.

and it STAYED on.

I guess somehow it welded itself to the terminal.

cool!

i don't need to buy a new lamp assembly now!

bwcaw

Enlightened
Wow, cool story!

BTW as an aside to this, maybie you "need" one of those black M2 bezels. It would help keep you from ruining any more desks...
grin.gif

kalieaire

Newly Enlightened
i love the classic design of the 9p way too much. :p

it's nice and plain though!

I wish there was a shock isolated head for the 9p. Maybe i'll just cut a piece of sticky foam and put it around the top edges of the reflectors of the p91's and p90's from now on.

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kalieaire:

I wish there was a shock isolated head for the 9p.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is, they make one that is round and resembles the round style M3 bezel. It has a lexan lens. You can also get the M2 bezel in black (as Bigwuss said). It is beefier and is hex shaped w/Pyrex lens.

Just wanted to let you know that there are two choices of shock-isolated bezels out there.
wink.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic
The Classic Z32 Shock Isolated Bezel (Black only) will fit your 9P and keep it's simple lines.

Please note that in this photo, the Z32 Shock Isolated Bezel has a "WeaponLight Adapter" screwed into it.

The M2 Shock Isolated Bezel (Z44) (as mentioned, is also available from SureFire in Black) - this has thicker walls, Pyrex Lens, Anti-roll Hex feature and cooling fins.

Personally, I would have lost several SureFires if it wasn't for their anti-roll feature. I've found the clean lines of the Classic Standard Bezel to be impractical because the flashlights would never stay still where I put them down.
That's my view based on my experience. I think it's fantastic that SureFire offer a choice in Bezel designs so that users can choose the one that best meets their useage requirements.

BTW, I had a P61 filament completely detach from it's pillars. I was a bit shocked that the P61 failed in the M2, but then I had been throwing it hard to the stone paving and whacking the Bezel on metal beams etc. I think that even though this type of thing happens ever so rarely, I can't wait until there is a more robust LED type Bezel that can match/beat the P61's output.

Al

kalieaire

Newly Enlightened
mmmm ic THANKS!

Though I actually do like the original lines more, they bring back many mirthful memories.

One particular instance, I was playing counter-strike with my buddies at a lan party and told me friend across from me, "HEY, FLASHBANG!!!" and immediately flashed my light in his eyes. He was blinded instantly and I got to kill him. It was pretty funny, I'll have to admit.
smile.gif

Okay that's a little mean, but you had to have been there!
tongue.gif

I never quite had the need to put down my light, I always have it on a lanyard around my neck.

I do agree that the newer models have more functional features like the antiroll design and the cooling rings. But it seems that these lights are made to be more fashionable than functional.

the original 9N rechargeable dual light torch was one of my favorites. I love my 9P and the older style turbohead lights with 3" and 2.5" heads.

Size15's

Flashaholic
The Millennium TurboHead with it's cooling fins really does help cool the likes of the M4 (N62) and M6 (MN21) These high output lamps do get very hot, and I've noted that the M4 gives perhaps 30-60 seconds more constant-on runtime with the N62 before the Thermal Fuses trip compared to the 12PM.

I have the 9NT and love the beam from the T3 3" TurboHead. The 12PMT (3" TurboHead) is another one of my longest throw beams.

I know that the Z32 gives the flashlight a little more bulk, but it is still very clean-lined, and does give you performance improvements.

Al