lights that defaults at low mode

paintballdad

Enlightened
Looking for a list of 1xCR123 lights that defaults on low level when first turned on, memory mode not withstanding. I already have a Fenix P2D so you can count that off the list. Thanks.

SnWnMe

Enlightened
This is my preferred mode for lights.

Novatac 120E
Novatac 120P
SF E1L
Ra Twisty

(and presumably the Ra Clicky)

Marduke

Flashaholic
NiteCore Extreme.

EX10 also if you leave it set on low all the time, with higher being only a ramp or shortcut away.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
+1 for any JetBeam IBS model; since its three memory slots can be set to anything, and it uses infinite brightness control, not only can it start on low, but you decide exactly how many lumens "low" is. Plus you can always change it at any time.

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 for any JetBeam IBS model; since its three memory slots can be set to anything, and it uses infinite brightness control, not only can it start on low, but you decide exactly how many lumens "low" is. Plus you can always change it at any time.

+1 for the above and to add a comment, the lowest possible setting for the Jetbeam, specifically the Jet III Pro ST that i bought yesterday, is so low that my Fenix E01 is brighter, so i'm guesstimating that its probably 2 - 5 lumens or so??

Any IBS model would be good but i'm afraid that it doesnt fulfill your requirement for using CR123s

SuperLightMan

Newly Enlightened
How about a light that you can preselect the mode you want before turning it on? Fenix L1T or the Eagletac models.

kavvika

Enlightened
^ Age won't matter. All L1's use one CR123A. Surefire has a L2, but it's not very popular, long for it's output, and I can't say I've ever seen a thread discussing it.

But it's about time a topic like this comes up. For me, the perfect EDC has 2-3 modes, always coming on in low first, and has no memory mode. The Surefire E1L and Fenix P2D were the only lights I knew of previously that met this criteria. After reading this thread, I found one more, the Amilite Neo T5.

paintballdad

Enlightened
I'm wondering if he means 1 CR123 battery?

Yes, I did mean 1 CR123 battery lights and thanks for all the replies. I know some of the lights has memory to set the low mode to come on first but that means the next click is for high to come on. I prefer the low/med/hight setup, the low level is usually enough light for what I need it for (air leak detection on dialysis machines) and usually just switch to the next level when needed. The P2D works fine, just want something to add to it. Looking at the Jet II Pro, Nitecore Extreme and Novatac 120E as possible choices in that order. I like the EX10's UI but the lack of a clip is holding me back. I also like the Incendio quite a bit for it's size but not it's hi/med/lo mode.

Soooo many choices............:banghead:

kavvika

Enlightened
Add the Liteflux LF3 to this list. It's a twisty; turn 1/4 and it comes on in low/user programmable mode, 1/4 of a turn more and it switches to high.

Gatsby

Enlightened
Second on the LF3.

Also, doesn't the Nautilus turn on in low as well?

If the new Dereelight is reconfigured to low/med/high that would make it very tempting...