Tiablo A8 Head

looman

Enlightened
Does anyone have a T8 head in Q5 sitting around doing nothing.

I have a T8 that has been modded but I would like to have a 2nd head to plug n play when the usgae requir,ents demand more of a dedictaed thrower.

Thanks

Looman

lightforce2

Enlightened
Hi Looman,

were you meaning the head (reflector body) only or including the Led circuit section?

I'm on the lookout for the circuit section only, if your only after the reflector end perhaps we could get one between us & split up the parts, though postage might defeat the purpose

I've modified my original A9 with a red XR Q2 Led for night time shooting

cheers.

looman

Enlightened
Hi Looman,

were you meaning the head (reflector body) only or including the Led circuit section?

I'm on the lookout for the circuit section only, if your only after the reflector end perhaps we could get one between us & split up the parts, though postage might defeat the purpose

I've modified my original A9 with a red XR Q2 Led for night time shooting

cheers.

Hmm - Hi - I am a shooter too - I have mine modded with a high output flood which is absolutely brilliant but that loss of range is a downside at times. I am looking for the whole head too so we both after the same thing I am sorry to say.

Maybe just easier to get a whole new torch and run them side by side though it would be nice just to switch heads.

In fact, it would be nicer to have the head only mounted at front of stock or even on moderator and have a battery (or 2) concealed in the stock so making slim and trim with no trailing wires aka standard gun mounted lamps (as opposed torches).

Sadly beyond my capabilities

Do you know how to wire a tape switch to the tailcap ?

Was thinking of running twins utilising the resistor in the tailcap switch so you run one on low and the other on high.

Have you thought of using orange - much better range than red and still wont disturb the quarry - well maybe !

Looman

lightforce2

Enlightened
Do you know how to wire a tape switch to the tailcap ?

I had a tape switch on a laser sight once, didn't like it (another thing to fail - and it did fail) I prefer a direct switch. I dont know how to fit a tape switch to a Tiablo but a toggle switch on a lead would be an alternative and be easier to setup, I think. I have fitted a better switch to my Tiablo as the stock one failed (ran 1.6 amps through it)

Have you thought of using orange - much better range than red and still wont disturb the quarry - well maybe !
Yes, We've tested yellow vs red on foxes & deer and found red to be far less disturbing thus more succesful. I preffer not to use bright light for pest control work & have in the last few become very accustomed to shooting with low light levels, bright light tends to push the animal further out

Below are pics of the 2 lights we use, the Dereelight has a yellow Hoya Y2 filter fitted, the Tiablo has a red Cree Q2 led
deeretiablo.jpg

yellowred.jpg

When I get around to it I'll email Allan at Dereelight to enquire whether he can supply 3SD modules with red leds fitted, this will be my best solution

Edit: I forgot to mention, I have ran the red led at 1.2 amps continuosly without any adverse effects (however I fried my first red Cree at 2 amps:shakehead)

Last edited:

looman

Enlightened
I am inclined to agree here - and I think we have spoken before as I remember that yellow Hoya camera filter - expensive as they are.

I use a dimmer on my main hunting light which is xenon. Even with an almost undetectable output, the eye bounce from an eyeball is almost "terminator"esq. I then use the dimmer to ramp up to ID, check backstop and then if all ok, throw the bolt and slip the shot.

I intend to use the led lights as a back up as LED whilst good still doesnt have the grunt required for centre fires at range. OK for air and perhaps rimfires but I want to know what is behind stuff before that shot is slipped.

If I ever make it to Auz, I will look you up LOL. Fancy trying roo and a nice cold one.

Looman