Which Conversion Head for E1E-BK?

PseudoFed

Enlightened
I've heard about the Optics HQ heads. Any other 2 or multilevel LED heads for my black E1E (which I've not even received yet..:shakehead)

Links would be appreciated. Thanks....

PseudoFed

Enlightened
Thanks. I have an Extreme, but it will NOT, I repeat NOT thread onto my E series bodies. The E bodies seem to have a longer threaded portion and after a couple turns I'm not willing to apply the force needed to maybe finish it. Threads cleaned and lubed. Kinda disappointing since I bought Extreme hoping it would go on E1B body. Any suggestions welcome.

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks. I have an Extreme, but it will NOT, I repeat NOT thread onto my E series bodies. The E bodies seem to have a longer threaded portion and after a couple turns I'm not willing to apply the force needed to maybe finish it. Threads cleaned and lubed. Kinda disappointing since I bought Extreme hoping it would go on E1B body. Any suggestions welcome.
Weird. I've tried my Extreme head on every Surefire and aftermarket E-series body I own, and it fits and works just fine on all of them. Maybe Nitecore changed something between runs?

Last edited:

PseudoFed

Enlightened

Doh! I had it backwards. My Extreme head WILL thread onto my E1E body and other E-series body. The reverse however is not true. I was looking forward to using the Extreme Body with my E1B head, but the E1B, E1E, E1L, E2L heads I have will NOT thread onto the Extreme body. They go on about half way and then would require great force to complete. I'm not cross-threading, and all parts are cleaned and lubed. It's weird, and I can't explain it....

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Doh! I had it backwards. My Extreme head WILL thread onto my E1E body and other E-series body. The reverse however is not true. I was looking forward to using the Extreme Body with my E1B head, but the E1B, E1E, E1L, E2L heads I have will NOT thread onto the Extreme body. They go on about half way and then would require great force to complete. I'm not cross-threading, and all parts are cleaned and lubed. It's weird, and I can't explain it....
My findings as well. There are a few E-series compatible heads that will work with the Extreme body, but I can't remember what they are offhand.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thats weird because i can put the extreme head on the E1B & the E1B on the extreme no problem

Latest posts