The Official RA Clicky Poll:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Optik49

Enlightened

Which one will you order and why?

1. Ra-100-C ........$179.00 100 lumens for 1 hour (Wider) 12 lumens medium for 8 hours 0.3 for days

2. Ra-120-C........$229.00 120 lumens for 1 hour (Wider) 15 lumens medium for 8 hours 0.3 for days

3. Ra-100-CGT ........$229.00 100 lumens for 1 hour (Wider) 12 lumens medium for 8 hours 0.3 for days

4. Ra-120-CGT........$279.00 120 lumens for 1 hour (Wider) 15 lumens medium for 8 hours

5. Ra-100-CN ........$179.00 100 lumens for 1 hour (Narrower) 12 lumens medium for 8 hours low 0.3 for days

6. Ra-120-CN........$229.00 120 lumens for 1 hour (Narrower) 15 lumens medium for 8 hours0.3 for days

Last edited:

HoopleHead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ra-120-Cn

not a white wall hunter, wanted throw for my intended usage, and then wanted the brightest. cant wait!

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I'd go with the Ra-100-C.

An extra 20 lumens would be nice.... but not for an extra $50.

Enzo Morocioli

Enlightened
Ra-120Cn for me.

Maintains greatest throw, can be flooded with F04, retains 170lm burst.

I know that the CGT will be nice too, but a good friend SaturnNyne is going to get one, and he does not want us to have the same version. :duh2:

Optik49

Enlightened
I just realized I did not pick one myself. I'm most likely going with the #6 RA-120-CN. Because I like throw most of the time. I think my Novatac 120P has one of the best beams I seen good mix of throw and flood. I do like the FO4 idea although most of the time I just use a Poland Spring water bottle cap for a defuser

kts

Enlightened
None, theyre just not bright enough for the price.

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
120GT More collectible (though I never, ever seem to SELL anything:shrug:), this is supposed to be the cutting edge of what is to be offered and I want to see how the tint compares with my HDS U60GT at the 60 lumen level.

Karl

Sevy

Newly Enlightened
Ra-100-C for me.

- 100 lm is enough for my use. 100 or 120 are visually equal to me. I find the 120 expensive for the small increase.

- I prefer a wide beam. Narrow beams give me some sort of tunnel vision, which I find uncomfortable. I don't need a low red, I much prefer a low white.

- No GT. Too expensive. I'm not so picky about color.

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast

It's not all about lumens. You could get four or six KD or DX P7 lights for the price, sure. But which would you rather have if your job, or even your LIFE depended on your light source?

120 CN for me. I have picked up a few really nice floody lights lately. For outdoor use...I like the throw. I can set a lower not quite so high, and probably will do exactly that (maybe 80 lumen level) for runtime.

dcbeane

Newly Enlightened
At $179. and UP I will not be getting either.
Shopping around on Ebay I can get 2 Surefire lights for that money.

The Ra lights look very interesting though. Its tempting to buy a Novatac as they come to market ....probably to fund purchases of these new lights. I see some of them offered in the $80ish range.
Yall enjoy though :party:

Dead_Nuts

Enlightened
120 CGT already on order (since they were first offered on BS). I believe the GTs will be limited and very hard to get later on. I want the warm color for outdoor use. I think it makes colors more natural; thus making anomalies easier to ID. Its a specific purpose light to me and worth the money - to me. I also believe the GT's will hold their value better over time.

Monocrom

Flashaholic

Brightness is only one aspect. Since the human eye can't tell the difference between lights that differ by a few lumens, you need a large jump in output to really make a difference you can see. One thing our eyes can clearly see is beam-profile and tint. That's what I have mainly started looking for.

Dead_Nuts

Enlightened
These are certainly not lights for the casual user. This is all about getting what you pay for. Many don't need a light that can go through hell and back and still work. Many don't need to trust their lives to lights. Many don't care about all the 'bullet-proofing' that went into this design. They should all avoid this light at all costs. It's simply not worth it to them.

Others know what it means to have equipment vs. having equipment that you can count on -- all the time. We've spent lots of money on gear and have learned the hard way that there is a reason the good stuff costs more.

SnWnMe

Enlightened
+1

I'm not a gear snob but there are things that I only have to buy once if I swallowed the initial cost.

Among them are:

Kitchen cutlery (Mine's going on 15 years)
Cooking pots and pans (ditto)
Power and hand tools (Milwaukee, Dewalt, Snap On)
Guns (S&W or Ruger wheelies)

and now: Flashlights (SF, NT, Ra and maybe First Light)

paxxus

Enlightened
You don't pick a Ra, it picks you :laughing:

120-CN here. The throw is nice and flood is less important for close-up work where a concentrated beam actually lets you use a lower level. Also, the pre-order list was shorter for the 120-CN at the time :)

Patriot

Flashaholic
I went with the plain ol'e 120C unless I hear that the tints are poor or very random. My guess is that they won't be but that wasn't the case with Novatac. I'll leave the door open for the 120CGT.

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm still deciding. I love the NovaTac beam, but the 85Tr beam has really been growing on me for outdoors. So I'm wondering how close the N versions will be to that.

I don't think the higher output versions are necessarily worth the increase over the others, but I already have 2 85 NovaTacs, a 120, and an 85 Twisty... I'm looking for something more... so I might have to spring for the higher output 120 and get the full burst...

I've not pre-ordered, I hate that, so I might wait for a few reviews, maybe a price drop, or maybe the 200 Lumen K2 version... hard to say... I'm dying to get one, but I've waited this long... I might as well get the right one...

Lookn' fer the beam shots in the wild!

ps... of course everything is dependant on a great UI which in this case is is so close to given, I'm not worried. That burst extension implementation though... I don't know.