Acebeam        

Thread: Troubleshooting Confusion

Flashaholic*

Default Troubleshooting Confusion

I have a BOG Super premium drop in running in a Cabelas host with a flicker problem. It is a fairly pronounced flicker and sometimes just runs at a very low light level. I put in fresh cells that were tested on a meter. Then I started switching parts with a G2L. The Surefire LED runs fine in he Cabelas light and the BOG runs fine in the Surefire Light. If I put the SF tailcap on the Cabelas/BOG it runs ok, but if I put the BOG Drop in and Cabelas tailcap on the SF body, it runs fine. I am completely flumoxed here.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them.
    Greg

Flashaholic*

Default Re: Troubleshooting Confusion

I bet the drop-in is not making good contact on the (-) side. Try wrapping the body in some foil for a tighter fit (and better heat transfer)

Flashaholic*

Default Re: Troubleshooting Confusion

Thanks...I tried the tin foil and it didn't make a difference. The problem seems to be with the tailcap. If I partially unscrew it, the light works fine, but when I tighten it I get the flicker. I guess it worked ok with the Surefire LED because it had a smaller power requirement and the contact must have been sufficient for that, but not the higher power of the BOG.....I'll admit that I am guessing.

At this point I am considering moving the BOG to a different host.
    Greg