First post and Request

beamer

Newly Enlightened
I suppose this same story has been told, but I started out searching the web for info on a good,reliable and bright torch.So here I am and here I'll be daily.In reviewing various posts,I note that the vets use quite a few acronyms other such shortcuts for products and processes that leave me somewhat at a loss.Is there a previous thread that lists the commonly used( and apparently generally understood) terminology? If not, would you help a newby out and clue me in by starting a list?I'd consider it a great kindness.

FNG

Enlightened
I thought I seen a post with the exact same question recently. I just searched through the first 8 pages and still couldnt find it. I might of missed it though. I know its here somewhere.

K-T

*Moderator*
Dang, Graham, you beat me by some seconds. I just looked for that thread, too.
wink.gif

beamer

Newly Enlightened
You guys are faster than a speeding lightbeam.Thanks a megacandela.I suppose that for a little while I'll have to keep a separate window open with that thread.

K-T

*Moderator*
No problem, you are welcome.

Oh, I forgot to tell you:

Welcome to the CPF.
wink.gif

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
beamer. Another option is, you just ask. We can see by the number of posts and your member number that you are new so nobody's going to jump you because you ask a simple question.

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guys I put a link to the FAQ thread in the admin forum and hopefully it will get a dedicated spot on the main page or something...

DonL

Enlightened
Welcome abaord, Beamer.

Several useful shortcuts left off, to be used in certain circumstances, is:

DILLIGAD - Do I look like I give a damn? (The last letter can be changed to whatver appropriate "whatever" you don't give.)

WTH - What the hell? (Again, the last letter can be changed.)

In many locations, packages containing flashlights are brought by the BBTOJ, or big brown truck of joy (UPS). Driven by someone sometimes referred to as Mr./Mrs/Miss Brownsocks.

Otherwise, the Firing Line list is a very comprehensive resource.

If you're now or in the future become interested in knives or watches, they have their own set of "alphabets" to learn.
smile.gif