Streamlight V Coast

sweetlight

Newly Enlightened
I have a LED lenser, Coast light. It use one AA, has three LED's and is rated at 17 lumens. I paid twenty bucks at HD for it. I wanted something maybe a little brighter and lighter if possible.

So I did some research and bought the streamlight stylus pro. It was rated at 24 lumens used two AAA and was a little lighter and compact.

I tried them both in a small dark room and to my surprise the 17 lumen Coast was brighter :sick: I tested them both with freshly charged Eneloops and I'm disappointed with the Streamlight. My friend has the Strealight Jr. its rated at 55 lums and it definitely brighter than the Coast but it uses two AA and is bulkier.

L.E.D.

Enlightened
Stock 2xAA Mag w/ Terralux dropin may suite your use. Reliable, weather resistant, WAY brighter than the ones you mentioned (100+ lm), and can be had for around 30 bucks. Add on a forward tail clicky, maybe. The focusability is not bad either, the familiar dark hole in the center should now have a diamond-shaped wide spot leaving way less dark spots. Definitely do not get a MAGLED 2AA or 3AA, the emitter has fallen out of the socket in many peoples' units including 2 of mine...

Last edited:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Are you sure it is actually brighter or it just has a more powerful center beam?

What were you looking for in the light?