LED for Handguns/Shotguns

micrometer

Newly Enlightened
I plan to mount a Romisen RC-I3 ( single CR123A mode) in my CAA flashlight mount on my CZ 40P with rail.

Has anyone mounted such a light of this type to their handgun? I'm interested to find if it's durable enough for 40 S&W recoil. I'd also like to know if these lights can handle 12 gauge "00" buck recoil.

I got the mount and light for under $50 new.

Thanks

Patriot

Flashaholic
That's always the big guess with lights such as that in the application of a weapon light. They weren't designed or tested for it so it's a mystery. Even if someone has mounted that particular Romisen and fired it successfully with various calibers it still proves nothing unfortunately. Obviously it's not all that critcal if you just want to enjoy some recreational shooting with a flashlight on your firearm. My guess it that it might do fine since it has a fairly good track record but if you might have to bet you life of the system working then I'd recommend against it. I'd invest in a dedicated, proven weaponlight, even if it's on a budget like the Streamlight TRL-1. http://www.botachtactical.com/sttrtali.html

Last edited:

micrometer

Newly Enlightened
That's always the big guess with lights such as that in the application of a weapon light. They weren't designed or tested for it so it's a mystery. Even if someone has mounted that particular Romisen and fired it successfully with various calibers it still proves nothing unfortunately. Obviously it's not all that critcal if you just want to enjoy some recreational shooting with a flashlight on your firearm. My guess it that it might do fine since it has a fairly good track record but if you might have to bet you life of the system working then I'd recommend against it. I'd invest in a dedicated, proven weaponlight, even if it's on a budget like the Streamlight TRL-1. http://www.botachtactical.com/sttrtali.html

That's good advice. I wouldn't want to be using marginal equipment in a potential home self defense encounter.

Thanks

Patriot

Flashaholic
That's good advice. I wouldn't want to be using marginal equipment in a potential home self defense encounter.

Thanks

Very welcome..

And just one more thing that I always forget to mention about non-weapon specific lights is the lack of ergonomics. It's proven that fine motor skill is often lost when under even extreme stress, so anything that's not simple and instinctual is going to go right out the window. Although I feel that some people can program their motor skills to work well outside of the box, in the end it's a compromise from the ideal....if the ideal is the important mission of protecting life.

That's a good price on the Streamlight btw. :)

Latest posts