Which tailcap do you prefer on your C2-HA? *PICS ADDED*

Which tailcap do you prefer on your C2-HA?

• Z41

Votes: 27 29.7%
  • Z48

Votes: 15 16.5%
  • Z58

Votes: 23 25.3%
  • SW02

Votes: 17 18.7%
  • Other

Votes: 9 9.9%

• Total voters

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Feel free to explain why in your response.

My preference is the Z58, I've also used the SW02 and Z41. SW02 IMO makes the light end-heavy, but I haven't tried the Z48 yet.

EDIT - Here's some pics for those who don't know the difference:

Z41 - Stock tailcap on C2-HA, Momentary-on / Twist for constant on
SF_Z41_HA.jpg

Z48 - Momentary-on / Click for constant on
SF_Z48.jpg

Z58 - Momentary-on / Click for constant on
SF_Z58.jpg

SW02 - Momentary-on / Click for constant on
SF_SW02_1.jpg

Pictures taken from this thread. Special thanks to tazambo for creating that OP.

Last edited:

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Which tailcap do you prefer on your C2-HA?

Z41 overall for reliability. But the Z58 is a much better tail cap in the current version and I don't have any problem using that either.

The Z48 is more suited to weaponlights IMO. I know some people like to use them instead of the pressure switches. Or if you absolutely, positively, must have tail stand capability. Then the Z48 is for you.

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast

Actually, I have what comes with the light. Since I don't know what may of the other tailcaps look like this thread really interest me.

Maybe people could post some pics too.

redsfairlane

Newly Enlightened

I tried the Z48 right when I got the light, but For now, I'm just using the stock Z41.
The Z58 is on my wish list I think.

I am one of those who preffers a clicky, but I had gotten used to my N.T. as an edc so when picking up the C2 with the Z48, it really seemed like a big clunky switch on it, The Z58 is the same size as stock basically yes?

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast

Right now I am using a Z58. I don´t know how the light will look/feel in my hands when my FM35 red filter (still on it´s way to me) will be attached to the head, maybe I´ll swich to a SW02. But for now I like the Z58 much better than the stock Z41.

Eric

Last edited:

bullfrog

Flashlight Enthusiast
SWO2 all the way:

1) it PERFECTLY balances out the weight of the M60 in the head
2) tailstanding
3) awesome grip
4) just looks gorgeous

I'm waiting for an SW01 :devil::devil::devil:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
z41

Although I've never experienced a Surefire clickie failure, quite a few other CPFers have. As far as momentary / twist constant-on SF tailcaps go, I've only ever heard of one failure.

Also, it's nice not having to buy an extra tailcap since the z41 is standard on the C2. Normally not a big issue, but Surefire spare parts are pricey.

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
SW01 all the way haha.

dsc0284ue9.jpg

But I do like Z58 second. I wish i could make the SW01 into a clicky like the Z58. I have both the Z48 and the SW02 but I dont like having to wrap my thumb up and around the rubber shroud, it feels to long for me. I have to choke up on the rear of the light to reach around the shroud.

bullfrog

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wish i could make the SW01 into a clicky like the Z58. I have both the Z48 and the SW02 but I dont like having to wrap my thumb up and around the rubber shroud, it feels to long for me. I have to choke up on the rear of the light to reach around the shroud.

Why not just take the rubber shroud off your SW02...?

Pretty sure Size15s had some pictures posted...

Found it! Here you go - bottom of pic:

SureFire%20Nitrolons%20with%20Clickies%201%2064.jpg

Here is the original thread:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/134224

Last edited:

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Depends on the head for me. Big head ... big tailcap, and vice versa.

SFC2SW01back.jpg

McGizmo1.jpg

But ... if I needed absolute reliability, it'd be the Z41 for me. No questions.

bernie

Kiessling

Flashaholic
It is an E1 body (long out of production) and a Z52 LOTC with a McGizmo-modded Exe (E1e) head.
This one is about 5-6 years old and not in my possession anymore. The head, that is.
bernie

bagman

Enlightened
I currently use the Z41 as it is my primary duty light and I want max reliability but I have used both Z48 & Z58 on it as well in the past.

cl0123

Enlightened
Z58 as primary, original Z41 as backup.

Z48 with its hard rubber shroud is not as user-friendly as I thought it would be. However, I see it as a special purpose tail-cap where knocks and drops (either during use or transport) may be expected.

With Aloha,

Clarence

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast

Right now I am using a Z58. I don´t know how the light will look/feel in my hands when my FM35 red filter (still on it´s way to me) will be attached to the head, maybe I´ll swich to a SW02. But for now I like the Z58 much better than the stock Z41.

Eric

How do you EDC it, if at all? Or do you have a holster? how much tension does Z58 have, can you EDC it tailcap down inside-pocket?

crocodilo

Enlightened
Like other users reported, I like my original tailcap (Z41) for utter reliability on my C2+M60.

However, for my 6P+M60L I went for a Z59, figuring a longer running light is more adequate for receiving a clicky switch.

Latest posts