Dereelight CL1H V4 - Difference between WC Q5 & 5A Q2?

thekona

Newly Enlightened
Hey :)

I am in the market for an upgrade from my Fenix P3D and have settled on the Dereelight CL1H V4 as my weapon of choice. My Fenix is the Rebel version and therefore has a nice soft off-white light (imo) - I was wondering if anyone here could provide beamshots of the colour difference between the WC Q5 and 5A Q2 emitters supplied with the CL1H V4 please as I can't decide which one I should go for!

Thanks,

Kona.

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Q2 is supposed to have a more natural light output and is suggested for outdoor use to render natural colors better. It's not as bright as the Q5, but honestly, I don't think you'd notice with the naked eye unless you put them side by side for comparison. I have the Q5 and like it, but wished I had a Q2 to compare to. Hope this helps.

Dan

cal..45

Enlightened
The Q2 A5 is A LOT darker than the Q5, not only subtle and it even takes a DBS to get an approximate catch up with a CL1H.

if you are looking for maximum brightness, forget about the warm neutral white emitter, if you are looking for much better colour rendition (especially now in fall, when trees are colourful) you should give it a try.

I only have two quick shots I made two nights ago, my camera is not the best, but it should give you an idea what the light output is about, both are 1S emitters driven with AW 18650's :

DBS with OP reflector and Q2 A5 emitter:

DBSsmoothQ2A5.jpg

CL1H with OP reflector and Q5 emitter:

CL1HsmoothQ5.jpg

regards, holger

Last edited:

jenskh

Enlightened
I have a CL1H V3, and both 3SD Q5, and 3SD 5A Q2.
The 3SD Q5 uses 1,35 A and gives about 10200 lux at 1 m. The 3SD 5A Q2 uses 1,15 A from the battery, and gives about 7000 lux with same reflector (SMO) and distance.

I love the tint from the 5A Q2 led, and I think this led will be most used even if the Q5 gives considerable more light output. I have a light with RB100 led, and the tint of that is actually not far from the Q5 led in my CL1H.

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dereelight Q25A left, Fenix L0D CE P3WC right.
Tint comparison only. I fiddled around with the levels until the lights are similar in vrightness.
DereelightLODP3WC.jpg

thekona

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for all of your help guys. I couldn't decide which one I wanted so I ordered a CL1H V4 3SD Q5 and a 2SD 5A Q2 pill. I also ordered 2x AW 18650's and an UltraFire WF-139 charger - I am now VERY skint.

Should be here within a week :D *rubs hands together*

Cheers again,

Craig

UlrikJ

Newly Enlightened
I am very happy with my CL1H V4 3SD Q5. The throw is good and it fits my pocket.

jenskh

Enlightened
Thanks for all of your help guys. I couldn't decide which one I wanted so I ordered a CL1H V4 3SD Q5 and a 2SD 5A Q2 pill. I also ordered 2x AW 18650's and an UltraFire WF-139 charger - I am now VERY skint.

Should be here within a week :D *rubs hands together*

Cheers again,

Craig

Good choice:thumbsup: