Green tint LED vs. Blue tint LED, which one do you like?

eplugplay

Newly Enlightened
Just thought it'll be interesting to see if anyone favors either the green tinted led vs. the blue tinted led and as to why.

For me I'm in favor of the blue tint led, just the cool blue push seems cleaner and the whites seems whiter to me.

cheetokhan

Enlightened
I have lights that are pinkish, green, greenish, blueish, blue and pretty much just white. Most look white by themselves (except for one that is really green) but when you compare two together, you can see the difference in tint.
Most of mine have a slight blue tint that I don't really like.
My favorite lights have a very mild, just barely detectable, greenish tint.
I am willing to give up some intensity if it means getting a slightly warmer, creamy white or greenish tint.
I think the blueish tint is too glaring and contrasty, hard on my eyes. The warmer tints seem softer and easier on my eyes.

eplugplay

Newly Enlightened
On my brand new E2DL when its on the 120 lumens it has a slight very slight green tint to it but seems overall neutral white but when its on the 5 lumens mode it looks very green.

I'm not too sure why I like the blue push/tint... maybe I'm just used to it or it just seems cleaner to me.

I love the E2DL's brightness but and dont hate me guys but I still like my 6PL more, just dont know what it is about the 6PL but its just the perfect amount of brightness, color, battery life, size for me.

I'm thinking about adding the surefire U2 to my collection, do you guys think I should wait? Are there any new updates?

Last edited:

Ty_Bower

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm thinking about adding the surefire U2 to my collection, do you guys think I should wait? Are there any new updates?

In my opinion, you may have already waited too long. The U2 which currently ships from Surefire most likely has a SSC P4 in it. I'd rather have one with the good ole Lux V in it. Oh wait, I do...

Read more here:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/205637

As far as tint goes, if I'm going to get stuck with something that is off-white (and aren't they all?) I'd rather have it leaning towards the green side.

rayman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't really like that cold blueish white. I more like that warm tint.

rayman

eplugplay

Newly Enlightened
I noticed that so far many of you guys like the greenish tint. And most of the reasons being the warmer tint, I do notice that the green push or warmer color does make viewing objects in the dark alot easier on the eyes.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
I have never seen a "pure" green kind of tint. Most of my greenies have a hint of yellow too, so its more like half yellow half green. So in that light (no pun intended) I'd take a warm yellow with a hint of lime over a blue-tint.

eplugplay

Newly Enlightened
I have never seen a "pure" green kind of tint. Most of my greenies have a hint of yellow too, so its more like half yellow half green. So in that light (no pun intended) I'd take a warm yellow with a hint of lime over a blue-tint.

Yea your right, my E2DL has a green tint with a slight hint of yellow but my 6PL is just bluish tint with a hint of slight slight purple. But for some reason if its not comparing next to the E2DL's light the 6PL seems more white in my eyes.

shomie911

Enlightened
Neither!

I really like the color of incan.

A warm LED is alright too.

But green and blue tints :thumbsdow

faucon

Enlightened
I noticed that so far many of you guys like the greenish tint. And most of the reasons being the warmer tint, I do notice that the green push or warmer color does make viewing objects in the dark alot easier on the eyes.
Most of my lights are almost neutral white. I prefer slightly blue to *very* green, like my new Fenix L0D. Faint green I don't mind, but this light's hot spot is REALLY green. It's OK when used outdoors, however.

faucon

Enlightened
Most of my lights are close to neutral. A few are bluish, and I prefer that to the REALLY green Fenix L0D I just got. It's OK when used outdoors, however.
Database error: first posting appeared lost but went through.