bison sportlight

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaltH

Enlightened
I have a bison which I almost sold a couple weeks ago. It's been in my laptop bag for a year and I figured since I don't use it I should get rid of it. I fired it up and checked it out before selling and decided it was worth keeping. I think it's a very nice light for the price. Very bright and I like the spare bulb on-board concept. Also a nice size.

Hope this helps.

aznduece

Newly Enlightened
This was one of the first flashlights I ever got. It got me started on Flasholicism
shocked.gif

It amazed me at first with their xenon bulb compared to other regular flashlights, it was bright and whiter but still amber looking.But as time went on it just didn't cut it for me anymore, mainly because I got introduced to "SUREFIRES" they are really nice bright flashlights, then again even the smaller one cost 3 times the Bison, hey you get what you pay for.
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

I still have my Bison and at times I think of selling it, but the body is really sturdy and unique, even though the light output can't compare to my SUREFIRE, I decided to keep it for now.
wink.gif

brightnorm

Flashaholic
I bought two Bisons when they first came out and have discussed certain features of the light with its inventors.

The primary reason for getting a Bison is its very long runtime (approx five hrs). Quite frankly I can see no other reason to own/use it. Despite its innovative design and excellent construction I have found the beam lacking in pattern and brightness.

You can get superior performance for about three hours from the Tek 40 and 3 1/2hrs from the UKE MIni Q40. The Mini WQ40's runtime can be expanded to nearly 5hrs with lithiums.

NTL, the Bison is an excellent light if it fits your needs and you are willing to accept its weaknesses.

Brightnorm

Al

Enlightened
IMHO Bison Sportlight 2C is best used as an outdoor in-the-woods-at-night light. Beam can be adjusted to a very wide, even spread with a minimum of glare plus good runtime. Good light to own for one's collection in appreciation for the rather intricate construction.

Gandalf

Enlightened
I have one of these I bought out of curiousity last winter. Nice light for the money, with a really nice lanyard, and compact size for a 2C flashlight. *But* it's not a SureFire. I bought an extra set of lamps for it: one regular, and one reduced output. I've never taken it out of the house; it probably has about 30 minutes use on it. Make me a reasonable offer for it, if you want one.
wink.gif

spinkid

Newly Enlightened
I purchased this along with a Streamlight 4AA as my "first" addictive hobby lights a while back. The output good, and was plenty for the nightly puppy bathroom runs the wife and I made. I like the fact that when the beam is at the desired focus, it remains even when the light is turned on and off. Overall, I am pleased with the light.

Imon

Enlightened
Bison lights were pushed out of existence by M@g a long time ago. If you find one it's probably going to be secondhand.

Not sure why you had to resurrect a dead thread...

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Inappropriate bump by mariz987321 of this old thread. Closing it.

Bill

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.