Lights that use D cell size (larger) batteries?

60ndown

Banned
i really dont need my light to be tiny, most of the lights ive seen here are singlle AAA or A size.....TINY.

what much larger lights have been popular?

3 and 4 D cell maglight size?

i dont carry every day, id like LOOOOOOOOOONG run time and several level settings 180 lum, 90 lum, 40, and 5?

anything jump out as a light like this?

metlarules

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: D cell size (larger) batteries.?

i really dont need my light to be tiny, most of the lights ive seen here are singlle AAA or A size.....TINY.

what much larger lights have been popular?

3 and 4 D cell maglight size?

i dont carry every day, id like LOOOOOOOOOONG run time and several level settings 180 lum, 90 lum, 40, and 5?

anything jump out as a light like this?
I don't know of any multimode d cell lights.
I bought a magled 4d off of amazon.com a few months back and recently aquired a terralux tle300.This way I have looooong runtime and mega lumens with just a bulb swap.

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast

I do. Brinkmann makes a 2-D Cree with an LCD display offering brightness information and a real-time battery gauge. It can be had at Target, and I think was in the $30 ballpark.

Rossymeister

Enlightened

I do. Brinkmann makes a 2-D Cree with an LCD display offering brightness information and a real-time battery gauge. It can be had at Target, and I think was in the $30 ballpark.

I Have Seen/Held One Of Those Before.

The Quality Was A Total :thumbsdow

Gunner12

Flashaholic

If you have a Maglite, check this thread.

I don't know of many D or C powered current gen LED lights. There's the Rayovac 3C Sportsman with the Cree XR-E, there the Taskforce with 2C, there the Smartfire M-504C and I think there was a 3D too.

radiomanss

Newly Enlightened

If you can do with only one light level, I would -- very highly -- recommend going with a Maglite 2 or 3 "D", and adding in the Malkoff drop-in. The drop in is easy to install, and if you wish, you can get from Gene an already modified reflector.

At 3 cells, this produces a stunning light -- about 240 lumens -- which will burn for a long time. At 2 cells, its probably about 140 lumens, but with even longer burn time.

You won't be disappointed!