Comparison Review: EagleTac P10C2 vs. Jetbeam Jet-III-M

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think this is a perfect comparision, because these are somewhat different flashlights. A better comparision to the Jetbeam might be the EagleTac T10L, which takes 18650's and has a bigger head, but I don't have that light.

The EagleTac P10C2 runs on 2 CR123 or 2 RCR123 only
(The Eagletac T10L runs on on 18650's ONLY)
The Jetbeam Jet-III-M runs on 2 CR123 or 2 RCR123, plus 18650

The EagleTac P10C2 is rated 295 lumens
The Jetbeam Jet-III-M is rated 225 lumens

Both flashlights are well-built with nice white Q5 emitters. Both feature stainless steel rings and forward clickies, although the Jetbeam gets them on both ends. The Eagletac has a set low, the Jetbeam an adjustable low (or adjustable strobe or sos)

The P10C2 has an easily removable clip, but it leaves a scratched up gap. The clip is not very well placed and points in one direction. I have not tried to remove the Jetbeam clip. It's much more useful since it can be used in either direction.

The EagleTac is easier to pocket, at least the P version is. The Jetbeam is a bit larger and maybe not as great to carry.

The P10C2 is a good looking light, but the Jetbeam is a real beauty. The color of a jetbeam is brown-charcoal, and very distinctive. They do a pretty good job matching color.

The EagleTac comes with a belt holster, the Jetbeam doesn't.

OK, enough talking. Here are some pictures and beamshots:

IMG_2156.jpg

IMG_2157.jpg

IMG_2154.jpg

IMG_2155.jpg

EagleTac is brighter (left) than the Jetbeam (right)
IMG_2160.jpg

EagleTac is very smooth and a blast of light at short distance. (The next two pictures are locked exposure):
IMG_2158.jpg

Jetbeam is tuned for throw and makes a nice hotspot, better suited for outdoor usage, and longer runtime:
IMG_2159.jpg

Last edited:

cheetokhan

Enlightened
Excellent comparison :twothumbs
I love seeing these types of reviews where two or more lights are compared.
I have a couple of Jetbeams and a couple of EagleTacs. Jetbeam's IBS interface is great, but I prefer the beam from the EagleTac lights for the reasons you showed so well here- EagleTac is wider, smoother, and brighter, and on my lights EagleTac is also less blue tinted.
Too hard for me to pick one brand over the other, so I'll keep buying from both manufacturers:D

LG&M

Enlightened
Thanks the comparison is helpful. I think I am going to get the Eagletac.

brjones

Newly Enlightened
Exactly what I was looking for. Thank you so much for those. I'd really invite you to psot some outdoor throw shots, like of some shrubbery/trees. Really liking the EagleTac in size, output, and simplicity. Thinking about the 18650 version for myself. These pics really set off the difference in "chunkiness" between the two. Out the door, I think I'd grab the EagleTac. Jet is way superior in runtimes and you got to know that going into a purchase with EagleTac, which IMO is for short duty, high output (or bring lots of batteries). For guys who use their lights all day professionally (crawling under houses, etc), yeah--JetBeam is the way to go. But I'm investigating the 'pocket rocket' potential of EagleTac, for consumer use, 4ex. as a short-term on/off supplement to a headlamp, for seeing things at great distance when needed briefly, but also small/light (easy to take along). Thank you again.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the review and pictures!

When I look at the beam of the EagleTac I understand this flashlight is quite similar to Fenix TK10. The beam seems to be very even illuminated and more useful for short and mid-distances than long distances. Have you tried how well the regulation works? If the number of 295 lumens is comparative to the 225 lumens of Fenix TK10 it means 31% brighter light. Is it also regulated in similar order as TK10 and provides that brightness up to stated 1,2 hours I am interested in the EagleTac P10C2.

Regards, Patric

whc

Enlightened
Very nice, thanks for your quick review, this light just looks so awesome :).

Have a few questions if you don't mind:

The beam though seems pretty ringy, is it the OP version you have? How about the UI, is it easy to program?

Am hoping this will be my next allround flashlight, for that I am mostly into runtimes, have you tested the runtime on AW protected cell on high? How well is this thing regulated on 18650?

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Jetbeam comes with a lightly textured reflector.

I never really thought of this as a ringy beam. It seems less striated in person. The spot is very smooth and throwy. Makes you forget the quality of the spill.

It's easy to program, but the stock light needs re-lubed with something less viscous. I highly recommend applying lube under the o-ring as well as over it. Then it can be turned from one position to the other with one hand.

I haven't done any runtimes on this light. I'm trusting the mfg data until I see someone post a chart. Based on current draw, I'd assume 2.5-3 hours with an R18650. As the voltage of the cell goes down, the current goes up. So I believe it's regulated.

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since this post, my EagleTac is waiting for a dual-direction clip, and not seeing much action.

Meanwhile, I sold my existing Jet-III-M and bought a new "neutral" tint Jet-III-M. I like it much better, it's even more useful outside. Here you see it with the optional "strike bezel".

IMG_2312.jpg

I also upgraded the lens to a anti-reflective UCL lens, which gives the reflector a blue-violet tinge. :grin2:

IMG_2367.jpg

faucon

Enlightened
I think I missed your review first time out. Thanks for this. Both lights are worth having, I'd say.

pulstar

Enlightened
Hi EngrPaul!

I too fell in love in a Jet-III M and a tint option presents big question to me: which to buy. I'm affraid that i could be dissapointed if a warm tint wouldn't fulfill my expectations and showed itself in an ugly yellowish, well, tint:) how does it look? White, only a bit warmer than other "conventional" leds, is more on a yellowish side, maybe like a bright incan, and ii there any difference between outputs of q3 and q5?

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the review and pictures!

When I look at the beam of the EagleTac I understand this flashlight is quite similar to Fenix TK10. The beam seems to be very even illuminated and more useful for short and mid-distances than long distances. Have you tried how well the regulation works? If the number of 295 lumens is comparative to the 225 lumens of Fenix TK10 it means 31% brighter light. Is it also regulated in similar order as TK10 and provides that brightness up to stated 1,2 hours I am interested in the EagleTac P10C2.

Regards, Patric

The regulation on the EagleTacs are perfectly flat and they are visibly (much) brighter than either the TK10 and the TK11.

P10C2's flawless regulation on high:

runtime_hi.gif

Check Light Reviews for more info: http://www.light-reviews.com/eagletac_p10c2/

Cheers. :)