Plans for Halloween 2008

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
What are your plans for Halloween this year?

I'm going to set up an audio player so trick-or-treaters will hear bits from Pink Floyd's "Ummagumma" album, Slayer's "Hell Awaits," Bobby Pickett's "Monster Mash," and whatever other appropriate songs I can think of before the 31st. I'm also going to terrorize the neighborhood with my POB HID :devil: (in a safe, courteous, and considerate manner, of course).

Illum

Flashaholic
N30 all night probably:laughing:

30Ws of brilliant 2400K in under a minute if that is at all necessary:D

I've used L0D-CEs with fog machines before, they're pretty good for keeping extension cords for AC strobes off the paths:grin2:

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hav all the decorations out and will sit in my scare crow disguise on the porch with my sound effects flashlight I found at the halloween shop last year waiting for all the kids.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Probably same as every year....

Either working, or staying at home and avoiding the teenaged dumb-@$$e$ who cause the local Stop & Robs to be completely sold out of eggs and shaving cream by October 28th. :ironic:

binky

Flashlight Enthusiast
Trying to help my kids with their costumes. I have an 8 yr-old who still dreams of being Doc Ock. I've been telling him for years that I'm going to try to make some working arms for him (I mean that at least work crudely, maybe by cables or something from his own arm movement). I just gotta try to do some more on that this year. His older & younger brothers haven't said much about Halloween yet. They're not quite as into the imaginary as the middle guy.

Oh -- this thread reminds me that I want to order lots of those little blinky lights that clip on magnetically to the kid's clothing. Gotta scope out a good source for those & get a bunch. Not that my linked source isn't good, it's just the 1st that I came across.

Mike Painter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Trying to help my kids with their costumes. I have an 8 yr-old who still dreams of being Doc Ock. I've been telling him for years that I'm going to try to make some working arms for him (I mean that at least work crudely, maybe by cables or something from his own arm movement). I just gotta try to do some more on that this year. His older & younger brothers haven't said much about Halloween yet. They're not quite as into the imaginary as the middle guy.

Oh -- this thread reminds me that I want to order lots of those little blinky lights that clip on magnetically to the kid's clothing. Gotta scope out a good source for those & get a bunch. Not that my linked source isn't good, it's just the 1st that I came across.

http://www.cockeyed.com/incredible/octopus/octopus1.html

Multiple arm and leg costumes are usually done with just a stick connecting all the arms or legs together.
Imagine These legs all tied together

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I set up the music, as well as a little jack-o-lantern-shaped circuit board with flashing LEDs.

My POB isn't working now, so I didn't use that.

My friends and I went caroling. We just sang the first verse and the chorus of "Jingle Bells." There were a couple people who were more than a bit confused, but on the whole, we made a lot of people laugh. It was lots of fun. :)

Latest posts