Interesting test. UK 2AAA side by side vs. UK 2AAA straight

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have both the UK 2AAA side by side pocket light and the UK 2AAA tube style light. I was testing them to compare the beam and discovered that the tube style seems to be a little brighter and whiter than the side by side. I switched around batteries and bezels between the two at different points of the test, and the tube always seemed to win. Is it possible that batteries that are end to end draw the power more efficiently than side by side setups?

rycen

Enlightened
Your thought might be true but I just tried this and both seen equal to me.Also I have a few of the side by side version and the contacts seem to get dirty faster than the inline one.Sometimes I clean the contacts by filling the body with Coke and letting it sit,this works well for me.

Brock

Flashaholic
Odd, I also have both and just played with them and one lamp is a bit brighter whichever case it is in. But other then that they are the same. My guess is a dirty contact.

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hadn't thought of dirty contacts. Perhaps I'll buy a coke, have a refreshing drink, and fill the body. Thanks for the advice!