Why don't Gatlight specs say what LED they use?

Hellbore

Enlightened
Anyone else find this really odd and a little annoying?

If you go to the Lumencraft Gatlight web page and read the specs, nowhere does it ever say what brand or model of LED they use!

They only say that it's "the best" or whatever, and that it's V-bin. Huh? But what brand? Anybody know?

The forum banner adds are obviously working, the ad got my attention and made me interested in the product, but several things about the company's website made me lose much of my interest. The way it's written it seems like they are dancing around the issue of what LED they are using, trying to avoid specifying it by name for some reason. Why be so evasive?

EDIT: After more searching I found that it is using the SSC P4 LED, what's so bad about that, why can't they put that in the specifications? I'm not trying to flame just curious, someone enlighten me, pun intended!

Last edited:

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone else find this really odd and a little annoying?

If you go to the Lumencraft Gatlight web page and read the specs, nowhere does it ever say what brand or model of LED they use!

They only say that it's "the best" or whatever, and that it's V-bin. Huh? But what brand? Anybody know?

The forum banner adds are obviously working, the ad got my attention and made me interested in the product, but several things about the company's website made me lose much of my interest. The way it's written it seems like they are dancing around the issue of what LED they are using, trying to avoid specifying it by name for some reason. Why be so evasive?

EDIT: After more searching I found that it is using the SSC P4 LED, what's so bad about that, why can't they put that in the specifications? I'm not trying to flame just curious, someone enlighten me, pun intended!
The "best" LED is constantly changing. They may have worded it generically so they don't have to update the text all the time.:shrug:

Hellbore

Enlightened
The "best" LED is constantly changing. They may have worded it generically so they don't have to update the text all the time.:shrug:

Maybe so, but they do say that the LED is "V bin", isn't that specific to the SSC already?

If they wanted it generic shouldn't they have left the "V bin" part out? They made a point to say it's V bin...

Sable

Enlightened
The GatLights use the Seoul Semiconductor P4 LED. They specify V-bin both for marketing purposes and because the most common SSC bin in the "flashaholic" community right now is the U-bin part.