• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD! The legend of the Headless L1 is true! Halloween Pricing!

gottawearshades

Enlightened
When we were kids, we all heard the stories around the campfire, of the Headless L1. You tried to convince yourself they weren't true.

Well, it is true, and, it's for sale.

I am offering up the gem of my collection the only Headless Milky L1 in history.

headless.jpg

Scot made this light by cramming an emitter, reflector, and circuitry into the body of a SFfour-flats L1, sealing the whole thing with a one-of-a-kind derlin plug. The result is an ergonomic beauty. It fits just right in the hand, and because the clip is so high, it's just for carry in a pocket or on a belt. I've added a lanyard ring, so I'll include that, along with a SF lanyard and a fresh cell.

This light is a blowtorch in your pocket. The beam is very useful, a Very big, bright hotspot, a slight dark Cree-ring, and very bright corona. The tint is the purest white I have seen, with no trace of color all.

Here's what Milkyspit says about it: "You know, I didn't originally build this light with the intent to sell it off; it was a personal build, and . . . this will be the only one of its kind. It is more powerful than a standard Milky L1, having top-end output around 175-185 lumens on 1x123 primary . . . the 'Headless L1' is a one-of-a-kind prototype for which I'd come up with the concept quite some time ago, and Chop had machined the prototype delrin bezel. The light drives a Cree XRE-Q4WC hard using a MM+ driver . . . with runtime in high beam of about an hour, and low beam runtime of dozens of hours (haven't really been patient enough to do a full low beam runtime test). Reflector is a shortened McR17xr, and lens is mineral glass. The light remains fully o-ring sealed for weatherproofness, and still provides the usual dual brightness capabilities, plus it still runs on a single 123 cell... both primary and rechargeable are fine."

It's in exactly the same shape it was in when I received it, I'd say 9/10 or 8/10. I've taken it out several times, but it has seen no pocket duty.

I am asking $310 $304 Halloween Sale: $300, shipped USPS with delivery confirmation to CONUS. Paypal cheerfully accepted. Please add 3% for credit card payments. Insurance extra.

Somebody needs to buy this before I change my mind.

Last edited:

shomie911

Enlightened
Re: One of a Kind Milky Headless L1

You can't cross post.

Pick between the Marketplace or the Customs B/S/T.

gottawearshades

Enlightened

My bad, folks.

I've asked to have this removed from the regular marketplace.

BSBG

Enlightened

I sort of miss that one...

gottawearshades

Enlightened
Re: One of a Kind Milky Headless L1 *New Price*

Folks, things on this thread got off on the wrong foot, what with my mistake in double-posting and then the downtime.

So, for a new start I've dropped the price a little.

Thanks for looking, people.

gottawearshades

Enlightened
Re: The legend of the Headless L1 is true!

Price drop.

Act now, and you'll have it for Halloween!

gottawearshades

Enlightened
Re: The legend of the Headless L1 is true! Halloween Pricing!

Looks like this light is SPF to Kapak.