Lumapower MVP and Battery Selection

dabear95

Newly Enlightened
Ok, still trying to learn some. Say I decided on the Lumapower MVP and wanted to use 18650 cells. Some concern during reading one of our site supporters about making a pack with two protected cells. However, not sure if two seperate cells installed in a light = a pack.

Anyway, I think this is correct for a decent setup. If in your opinion you feel any of this is not top quality for similar specifications, please be blunt (I can take it). I do not envision expanding my battery stock, but I certainly do not want to buy another charger down the road. I come (in my younger years) from RC car racing and some very high quality DC power supplies and chargers.

Lumapower MVP (Or similar 600+ Lumen light with 90 minute run time)

To use a site supporter for examples:

Cells - Tenergy 18650 cells

http://www.batteryjunction.com/2600pcb-18650.html

Charger

http://www.batteryjunction.com/tlunlichfor1.html

Am I correct or is there something special I need to do for a two cell 18650 light?

I currently have an EX10 and plan to pick up the EX20 or similar (once released) so I will have backup 123 cells (I know about the high warning on primarys).

Thanks!
Jason

thisisCP

Newly Enlightened
I'd like to know the answer to this too. I was considering this exact setup, but I've never used 18650's before.

I've only used CR123's in all my lights so far.

HKJ

Flashaholic
When using lithium batteries, always use protected cells (sometime described as pcb protection).
The favorite kind of lithium cells around here are AW cells (See marketplace), but many other exist.

I have many lights with 18650 cells and are using cells from different manufacturer, but when using multiple cells in a light, ALWAYS use cells from the same manufacturer!

As charger I am using a Ultrafire WF139 with two channels (It is very important that the charger can handles each cell by itself).

Latest posts