Better Host for M60L: G2/G2Z or G2-L/G2Z-L ?

CallMeDave

Newly Enlightened
I know that Gene describes the M60L and LL as:
"...intended to operate for extended periods in metal or plastic lights."

But is there any performance benefit with the metal bezel of an "L" style Surefire Nitrolon host?

Dave

bullfrog

Flashlight Enthusiast
But is there any performance benefit with the metal bezel of an "L" style Surefire Nitrolon host?

I think it is quite the contrary.

I had the same choice for an M60L and stayed with the all-nitrolon head for durability sake - wont ding or chip like aluminum and is more "friendly" to other items when placed loose in a bag...

This is my real "beater" light and the first I lend out :whistle:

Last edited:

Yoda4561

Flashlight Enthusiast
There won't be any performance difference, save perhaps that I think the newer G2L lights have pyrex windows on their aluminum bezels. I prefer the all nitrolon construction though and it's cheaper to just buy a UCL window from someplace online.

Youfoundnemo

Enlightened
If you are going to put a m60l or m60ll then there is no point in getting the surefire led assembly and alum head, go with the regular g2/g2z and it will look better and function the same

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I went a different route: Nitrolon head G2 - M60 - McC2S 2-stage switch.
For me it's the best of both worlds; durability, handiness, lightweight of G2 and M60L-like performance with M60 power when I need it.

Perfect setup for my needs.

CallMeDave

Newly Enlightened
...just buy a UCL window from someplace online.

This is the first G2 I've had my hands on, and it does not seem obvious how to remove/replace the window. The retaining rings on the inside or outside don't appear to screw in/out; do they?

And what is the stock window material? Is it Lexan?

Thanks for any replies,

Dave

Yoda4561

Flashlight Enthusiast
G2 windows that I've seen are all lexan, Not sure about the new aluminum bezel G2Ls. The retaining ring is threaded into the bezel, it should unscrew if you use a proper spanner tool of some sort. The little notches around the ring are what the tool fits into, most folks either make their own or use a pair of needle nose pliers.

Latest posts