Help with next flashlight choice.

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
That coleman spotlight looks interesting. Pretty damn good deal for 40 bucks if it is anywhere near its stated output.

BlueBeam22

*Super Flashaholic*
That coleman spotlight looks interesting. Pretty damn good deal for 40 bucks if it is anywhere near its stated output.

The Coleman's hotspot is 4 times brighter than that of my 150 lumen Task Force CREE, and does put out many times more light. The Coleman's beam quality is unbeatable IMO.

ledebuhr1

Newly Enlightened
Hi I have been away from LED flashlights for a while. I currently have a MX-Power 3cree flashlight. While it is very bright I am looking for somethig way brighter(1000 lumens)
Any recomendations, I want one that is similar in price, and if possible use the same batteries.
Thanks

BlueBeam22

*Super Flashaholic*
You might look into HID's

Agreed.

The N30 would be the best choice by far. 3200 lumens, rechargeable, miniature & lightweight, and over 1 hour runtime. I love mine. It has a bright 75 lumen built-in LED flashlight in the handle.

It would be helpful to know your price range, as there are several other lights I could recommend.:)

Last edited:

ledebuhr1

Newly Enlightened
I dont want to spend the money for a HID, I thought there was some newer LED lights that were much brighter than the one I have.

BlueBeam22

*Super Flashaholic*
The one LED light I can recommend is the Coleman 530 lumen LED rechargeable spotlight. It throws over 1/4 of a mile, has a perfect round white beam with a perfect ring of spill, and 2.5 hour runtime.

It probably isn't what you are looking for, but is a great choice if you ever want a powerful LED thrower.:)

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are, but many of the nicer SSC P7 and Cree MC-E lights are cost-competitive with HIDs. If you're willing to go the 18650 route, you can get a P7 of mediocre quality (but pretty good brightness!) from Kaidomain for ... maybe the $80 range?.

ledebuhr1

Newly Enlightened
I want something similar in size to my MX-power 3cree. I would like something with one or multiple P7 LED's, what would you recomend and how much?
I would like one that takes the same batteries, li-ion 16340.

ledebuhr1

Newly Enlightened
Is the any accurate lumen numbers as I always question the manufactures numbers. They seem to be inflated.