Need opinions on a light

rockhound

Newly Enlightened
Hey everyone

I've been reading the forums for a while now and just decided to register now, so a quick what's up to all of you. - Guri

Today I was at walmart and saw a Coleman XR-C Cree 75 Lumens flat silver 3AAA LED flashlight for $18. It has a defensive spiked endpiece on it. If anyone here has used it, what is your opinion on it? Is it worth $18?

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey everyone

I've been reading the forums for a while now and just decided to register now, so a quick what's up to all of you. - Guri

Today I was at walmart and saw a Coleman XR-C Cree 75 Lumens flat silver 3AAA LED flashlight for $18. It has a defensive spiked endpiece on it. If anyone here has used it, what is your opinion on it? Is it worth $18?

The XR-C LED isn't commonly used around here because the XR-E outperforms it. Second a large group of people, myself included, don't like 3xAAA lights. They're usually the cheapest solution to drive an LED. The light will start out bright then after ~10 minustes get dimmer and dimmer. That said, the light isn't terrible but there are likely better lights to be had for $18 at a local B&M store.
:welcome:

BlueBeam22

*Super Flashaholic*
I own the 115 Coleman lumen CREE XR-E Version of that ($25), and it is a very nice light with great output, and also has a pretty good runtime, and I recommend it. Another good light is the Task Force "60x brighter" 2C LED flashlight $30 from Lowes as it is much brigher than the 115 lumen Coleman and runs for hours on one set of batteries.