I don't want to attach a SF diffuser. What's the best way to diffuse my SF E2DL?

dmz

Enlightened
I don't want to attach a SF diffuser. What's the best way to ddiffuse my SF E2DL? Is there a way to stick on a diffuser to the optic? Is there something that is frosted? Is there anything that is already cut to a perfect circle?

I don't like the look of the SF diffuser and it defeats the purpose of the strike bezel by covering it up.

Last edited:

MrGman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: I don't want to attach a SF defuser. What's the best way to defuse my SF E2DL?

Does your bezel open up so you can put a plastic sheet type diffuser underneath the glass window in front of the reflector?

bullfrog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: I don't want to attach a SF defuser. What's the best way to defuse my SF E2DL?

Good ol' scotch tape works very well in a pinch but looks like absolute crap, but, function over fashion :twothumbs

Might hold you over until you find a better solution...

dmz

Enlightened

I didn't know that you can open the bezel on the SF E2DL. Who sells a plastic sheet type diffuser?

Superdave

Enlightened

If you have access to a sandblaster then pick up a spare glass lense and lightly shoot one side. I did this with glass media on a glass lense and it turned out great.

Maybe grab a G&P bezel so you don't mess up your SF one...

Here is my 9P with and without it (Lumens factory EO-9 380 bulb lumens)

diffused-9p.gif

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast

Scotch tape

MrGman

Flashlight Enthusiast

I didn't know that you can open the bezel on the SF E2DL. Who sells a plastic sheet type diffuser?

I have made my own and testing some from Gene Malkoff that he is planning on selling. I have a bunch more to test but if your bezel doesn't simply unscrew for you to slip filters in and out than I suggest you get a 6P platform and Malkoff M60, or other aftermarket LED and then you will be able to put filters in and out at will.

Here is link to where I have been doing some testing, there is more to come.

http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=205842

dmz

Enlightened

I have 6PL but I want to diffuse a E2DL because the E2DL is not as thick as a 6PL and it's going to be my edc.

Will these DX glass 23.0mm Optics/Light Diffusers (Glass/5-Pack) work?
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1918

SF used thin frosted diffusers on some G2Ls. Where can I get some of those diffusers for a E2DL? But the diameter is smaller on a E2DL.

Anyone boil their E2DL head?

Last edited:

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic

Hey just don't chuck it in a pot!

Do plenty of reading up on the method first.

dmz

Enlightened

SF used thin frosted diffusers on some G2Ls. Where can I get some of those diffusers for a E2DL?

Last edited:

Ducaticorse

Newly Enlightened

You can pick up a sheet of waynejitsu's diffuser film over on the Marketplace for $2 delivered. I have it installed on a couple lights and it works very nicely to diffuse the beam. I simply found a coin of the approximate lens size and used that as a template to cut out a circle of the material. It applies easily and can be removed if you don't like it.

For $2 shipped it's hard to beat, and Wayne is good people: click me

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast

:naughty:
Try some masking tape.

Thats what I use.

If you're wanting to dim it some.

If you want to turn the spot into flood.....
try the other methods mentioned.

Last edited:

cslinger

Enlightened

Please don't take this as a smart arse remark but have you tried simply ceiling bouncing the beam? I find this works more often then not with tight beams. Of course, only indoors.

DM51

Flashaholic

Defuse = to remove a fuse (from a bomb etc).
Diffuse = to spread out, disperse, scatter.

Illum

Flashaholic

Good ol' scotch tape works very well in a pinch but looks like absolute crap, but, function over fashion :twothumbs

NOT a good idea!
unless you like to scrape of melted glue from your window I would strongly suggest other means of diffusing...lamp coating maybe:ohgeez:
if you mean tape over the teeth...sure, but yeah it'll look like crap :grin2:

bullfrog

Flashlight Enthusiast

NOT a good idea!
unless you like to scrape of melted glue from your window I would strongly suggest other means of diffusing...lamp coating maybe:ohgeez:
if you mean tape over the teeth...sure, but yeah it'll look like crap :grin2:

That outcome never occurred to me :thinking:

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast

600-800 grit sandpaper will get the job done.