TLR-1 C4 LED Weaponlight.

Anto

Enlightened
So Streamlight finally decided to upgrade their TLR-1's to a newer emitter. Problem is, they call it a "C4 LED". Of course, they might be using rebels, cree's, or seouls. Who knows? Does anyone have one?

Regulation seems to be the same, as there are no claims of shorter or longer runtime.
Hopefully this new model drives down the price of the older Lux3 models, so I can get one and Seoul U2 that ish!

cslinger

Enlightened
I have heard they are using K2s currently but I cannot confirm.

I love my TLRs and I am not one bit disappointed with my Luxon versions. I did however just pick up a SuperTac with the newer K2, I believe, and that sucker puts out some light.

Chris

niceguymr

Newly Enlightened
The new TLR-1 claims a 2.5 hour run time. Is that the same as the old version?

Xak

Enlightened
What is a SuperTac?

Does the TLR-1 fit a post 2004 P99AS or SW99? It is advertised as having a "key" for the SW99. What does that mean?

Anto

Enlightened
Yup, old version claims a minimum of 2.5 hours runtime @ 80 lumens. C4 claims 135? lumens at 2.5 hours, so it's def. a new emitter.

SW99 key is the adapter for the pistol IIRC. Might wanna email them

Xak

Enlightened
Anyone have a picture, or description of this adaptor? Is it something that is replaced within the light housing or is it an ugly whole new rail that attaches to the rail on the pistol?

virtualbeing

Newly Enlightened
little confusing to me. The TLR-1 and a NEW TLR-1 ?

here is a link that has a TLR-1 and a TLR-1b (i would call it) but streamlight calls it a TLR-2 :duh2:

seems more logical to call a new light a #2 and the same light with accessory laser a "b" or something.
but what do i know?:eek:

http://www.midwayusa.com/browse/Bro...d=19895&categoryString=19779***664***10494***

i am most likely going to order a TLR-1 for S&W .40 s&w (redundant)

at $100 seems more than reasonable. I wonder how much the #2 or B model will be?

A96Honda

Newly Enlightened
little confusing to me. The TLR-1 and a NEW TLR-1 ?

here is a link that has a TLR-1 and a TLR-1b (i would call it) but streamlight calls it a TLR-2 :duh2:

seems more logical to call a new light a #2 and the same light with accessory laser a "b" or something.
but what do i know?:eek:

http://www.midwayusa.com/browse/Bro...d=19895&categoryString=19779***664***10494***

i am most likely going to order a TLR-1 for S&W .40 s&w (redundant)

at $100 seems more than reasonable. I wonder how much the #2 or B model will be?

TRL-2 has the laser.

virtualbeing

Newly Enlightened
i know. that was my point. the 2 is just the same w/laser. but the new model is still a 1.

where it would make more sense for a 1a to have a laser and a NEW model to be a 2.

make sense? i'm not a marketer. But the 1 being replaced by a new and improved 1 is odd. Where a old 1 with a laser is a 2 LOL

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Ah!
I get you now. They need a TLR-1.5 and a TLR-2.5. I hope somebody can give us info on the new LED. A K2 with a warm tint would be great.

dblagent

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, they should have come up with an updated model number, now I'll be afraid to to order one online for fear of getting an old one! I had been waiting on a new LED and not two months ago I contacted them asking if they were going to upgrade and they stated they were happy with the current emitters and had no plans to update. It appears they were just not wanting to tell..... :laughing:

If you want this level of brightness, also look at the Insight Proycon (not sure that is spelled correctly lol) as it is 135 lumens also I believe.

Meltdown

Enlightened
the "key" or adaptor is not some big ugly thing, just a small insert so the light will fit both picatinny and other rail types. you can even put these lights on carbines that have rails.

Anto

Enlightened
http://www.botachtactical.com/sttrtali.html

Botach has them for $90, which is actually a bit cheaper than the luxeon TLR. If the new C4 TLR is anything good, it will use premium bin emitters *which I doubt*.

Until someone gives a comparison of these, I still think the best route to go is a Luxeon TLR-1 with a U2 or Vbin emitter swap.

virtualbeing

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, they should have come up with an updated model number, now I'll be afraid to to order one online for fear of getting an old one!

and i was about to order one until i found out about all this- 1.5 or 1a or old 1 and new 1 :sick:

LOL

if the NEW 1 is well worth the improvement- might as well wait. but man i'm a little short on weapon mounted....as in zero! :sigh:

cslinger

Enlightened
I am not saying that the upgrade is not worth it but I cannot imagine anybody being disappointed with the current/last gen model. It throws well, puts out plenty of light with plenty of spill and does indeed last a good couple hours plus.

Chris

virtualbeing

Newly Enlightened
i got my TLR-1 today. not sure which version OLD or NEW (a or b, or 1sub a LOL)

hey i got this for a S&W sigma 40 (.40 s&w). i thought i had read on some other place it would fit. The mount doesn't seem to open enough for my piece. Actually the rails on the mount don't "bite" high enough to fit the gun's rail.:mecry:

Anyone know if it is adaptable? worse case i can just add the light to a different firearm. no biggie. But i just bought it for this gun. not a major issue. Just preference. :xyxgun:

SIG

Newly Enlightened
If your S/N begins with a "C4", then it has the newer LED. If so, how do you like the brightness?

Also, my package (old LED) had a Picatinny specific rail in addition to the factory installed Glock rail.

virtualbeing

Newly Enlightened
sig, nice. i got the C4 (and in case this is being monitored by agents..no not splosives :poof: LOL

yes it is the C4 model. how cool is that? it is pretty bright. it arrived today, along with a few boxes of surefire bats. This of course let me get out the new lights i just got. i was waiting for bats.

I had the 3 CREE Q5 lights on my signature out and the TLR-1. the TLR- held up well against them, and should since it uses the same 2 CR123 bats. just a less potent led. but not bad at all.

the spill was IMO appropriate for a weapons level light. giving plenty of spill and a nice solid beam in the center. The spill was greater on this light than the 3 lights i ran it against. so to me it offers a good balance for the purpose. to be able to see at night w/weapon in a semi ready position.

not sure if the reflector is the same, and if the driver is (or if it even has one).

i got the inserts for 3 different types of rails. but the clamp itself just can't bite onto my .40 :sigh:

BTW just looking down the throat of the TLR-1 it has a hexagon shaped plate holding the led. seems different than my other lights.

Last edited:

Anto

Enlightened
Post pictures pleeease!

Beamshots against any documented light should suffice.

Here's what the stock TLR-1 looks like with the reflector off (Luxeon):
innardshighlighted.jpg