Best reflector for IRC bulbs?

M.S

Enlightened
Hi

I finished building my 5D mag with 15 eneloops and osram 35W irc bulb. For now I used old KD mop reflector because it was my only camless one that the bulb fit through. It's pretty floody setup and I'm looking for better reflector with more throw. I'd be glad if you could give me suggestions for:

A: Reasonably priced reflector that fits in normal head? ($0-$50)
B: Something else? I remember seeing fivemega 3" heads etc...

M.S

Enlightened
These are outside of the price range you mentioned, but unfortunately you don't really have a lot of options since the reflector either has to be larger in diameter or deeper, or a combination of both. There just aren't many people offering such a thing.

That's why I listed the option B.

There seems to be few red 2.5" throwmasters with chrome bezel left that would match my red mag.... But feel free to offer me used ones ;)

Chodes

Flashlight Enthusiast
I doubt think you'll gain much with a bigger head. The 64432 is just a floody bulb I think. I found the 64440 throws much better. I used them both on 5 LIONs, would expect similar performance from 15 Eneloops.
I should be able to add some 64432 shots with different heads to this thread soon:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/208688

I plan on shots with 5 and 6 cells for the 64432.
64440 missing from those shots too.

Chodes

Flashlight Enthusiast
There ya go - check my beamshot thread. 64432 shots added with different heads.
I reckon I'd be getting 20.5 volts at the bulb in those shots - 6 Sony 18650s.

M.S

Enlightened
Those Throwmaster beamshots look nice... I have one incoming that I bought on MP. Also ordered few 64440 bulbs from svetila.
Now only the hardest part left, waiting for the parcels to arrive... ;)

Chodes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those Throwmaster beamshots look nice... I have one incoming that I bought on MP. Also ordered few 64440 bulbs from svetila.
Now only the hardest part left, waiting for the parcels to arrive... ;)

64440 is much better IMHO. On 5 x Sony 18650s I find it really reliable with no softstart. It's what you expect - about half the current compared to the 90/100w bulbs and about half the output. 64432 seems like 45% of the current for 30% of the output of the bigger bulbs at the same volts.

I tried on 6 cells and it was really good:twothumbs but then , of course :poof: and then :poof: again:thumbsdow so I might try softstart and 6 cells one of these days.