I took the dive and got a Polarion... sort of.

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am now officially a Polarion PF-40 owner. I can't believe I took the dive. It is a lot of money, but I feel I made a responsible financial decision. I am overly excited at the moment...:popcorn:

I will no longer need to buy another HID in my life, ever...;)

Last edited:

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: I took the dive...

I am now officially a Polarion PF-40 owner. I can't believe I took the dive. It is a lot of money, but I feel I made a responsible financial decision. I am overly excited at the moment...:popcorn:

I will no longer need to buy another HID in my life, ever...;)
CONGRATS on a great light. :party:

Did you pick-up the one from YourCornerStore.com for $1,308.00? Michael
emailed and said the PF40 sold today so I figured it may be yours. :naughty:

Enjoy.

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast

I sure did!:naughty: It's weird because the PF-40 design is what I was looking for!

I have a shipping question- I requested 2nd Day Air via UPS. Do orders usually end up at your doorstep in 2 days? If so I'll have my Polarion on Wednesday/Thursday!:cool:

I know this sounds really immature, but if this is the case I think I'm going to c**p my pants.:toilet::crackup:

Last edited:

Patriot

Flashaholic

Congrats Dudemar! I think the PF/PH 40 is a great compromise between output and run-time. My PH40 ran for 72-73 minutes while my PH50 runs for about 58 minutes.

The light is truly amazing and I know that you'll love everything about it.

vee73

Newly Enlightened
Re: I took the dive... I got a Polarion

8143010478538612560orig.jpg

8143010478538612568orig.jpg

8143010478538612572orig.jpg

http://www.kuvaboxi.fi/mediaobjects/orig/pub/2008/09/27/8143010478543923658orig.jpg
http://www.kuvaboxi.fi/mediaobjects/orig/pub/2008/09/27/8143010478543923717orig.jpg
http://www.kuvaboxi.fi/mediaobjects/orig/pub/2008/09/27/8143010478543923680orig.jpg

Last edited:

Joe_torch

Newly Enlightened

Nice score Dudemar. The look of the PF40 is awesome. Your Xenide get a BIG brother now!

Gunner12

Flashaholic

Everything I hear says that you will love the light.

Congratulations!

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks guys, I will truly enjoy this light. According to UPS it'll arrive tomorrow... unbelievably fast.:eek: Will post pics ASAHP.

This reminds me of the time I bought my first HID... I feel like a kid on Christmas eve.:naughty:

Last edited:

Flashanator

Flashlight Enthusiast

LOL- That gives me an idea.

I was thinking of buying a light, wrapping it up & putting under the tree & open it on Christmas day:laughing:

Maybe a N30?

DM51

Flashaholic

I feel like a kid on Christmas eve.:naughty:
Well done! You won't be disappointed. While waiting for it to arrive, go and stand in front of a mirror and practice the biggest grin you can manage - because that's what your expression will be when you first light it up!

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast

I just got it... it's truly a beast. I can't turn it on yet because the battery came with no charge.:sigh: That will change soon enough.:popcorn:

I have a few questions: I looked high and low, but my PF-40 didn't come with a set of instructions.:thinking: Is it just me or did I miss something?

I unscrewed the body from the Polarion's bezel to hear the sound of very dry threads. I slowly and carefully screwed past the screeching sound and also found there was no o-ring between the body and bezel. This is in the switch area. Is it supposed to have an o-ring?

To eliminate the screeching sound when unscrewing the bezel from body, I applied Nyogel to the threads. I'm not sure if silicone grease is ok with Polarions, wanted to make sure with you guys too so I won't degrade the TC o-ring.

I'm going to double check with Ken at Polarion as well.

PS- If someone can supply me with a rudimentary set of instructions such as charging times, et cetera, it would be much appreciated.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

DM51

Flashaholic

I didn't get instructions with mine, either - so don't worry. The indicator lights light up during charging, which is nice as it gives you the charging progress, and they also illuminate for a few secs when you switch on, giving you the battery level. 5 green LEDs = full, 1 = recharge.

Silicone grease is the stuff to use on the threads and O-rings. And yes, you DEFINITELY need an O-ring at the body-head join, as well as the tailcap-body join. They are different sizes, which is annoying. Patriot36 may still have some spare ones, but they were tailcap ones IIRC.

Patriot

Flashaholic

Silicone grease is the stuff to use on the threads and O-rings. And yes, you DEFINITELY need an O-ring at the body-head join, as well as the tailcap-body join. They are different sizes, which is annoying. Patriot36 may still have some spare ones, but they were tailcap ones IIRC.

You're right David, the ones I have are for the tailcap, of which I still have a few. It's a #38 o-ring from Ace Hardware. I just thought it was very strange that the O-ring at the body-head join didn't have a seal and his light. I wonder what's with that???

DM51

Flashaholic

It was this one that he bought. I can't imagine why they supplied it without that O-ring. Most people would never need to take the body tube off the head at all.

Patriot

Flashaholic

I've never removed the head from the body and now I'm curious if there is a seal on mine. What method did you guys use to unscrew the head. I can't get enough purchase on it with my paws.

Ken J. Good

Enlightened

The components are torqued at the factory so you you won't take your searchlight apart....

That being said, after exchanging communication with dudemar, he separated components with very little effort.

This tells me, somebody prior to him elected to find out what was inside and made a concerted effort to do so. It also appears from the packaging that the light was not brand new when he received it. I wasn't there obviously when he received the package, just going off his observations.

We need to get him the correct O-ring.

Last edited: