runtime of a Inova T1 but rechargable?

boostedmiata

Newly Enlightened
Looking to get a new light this week for for riding my bike. I'd like to helmet mount it so smaller the better. I'm running a MTE P7 7 mode on the handlebars for great flood, but need a spot/thrower light for the helmet.

I light the look and size of the Inova T1 but from the info I gathered, I can't run rechargables on it. So looking for something simular to the T1 in Throw/lux and has a 2-3hr runtime on a pair of CR123's

Budget is around 50 bucks

boostedmiata

Newly Enlightened
Are you referring to the L2? Something with a bit longer run time of 90 minutes would be nice, but thats on my short list

rockz4532

Enlightened
fenix P2dce, it has high med and low (180, 90, 10 lumens) it runs on primaries or rechargebals (1xCr123a) and its 53 bucks at brightguy.com it will be much brighter than the inova T1

boostedmiata

Newly Enlightened
Looking to maybe step up the limit and get a JetBeam III, just can't figure out which one to get, the Pro St or IBS.

Not sure which has longer run time vs more throw. Looks like the Pro ST is a bit smaller which is a good benifit.

I looked at the L-mini, love the price, but read something about a gittery button, not sure if it will take the bumps of MTB riding. Also do blue trustfires fit in it?

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 2008 Inova T1 can use rechargeables.

I would avoid the 3.7 volt 123A cells. I don't know if the light can take the voltage. Yes, the T1 will work with rechargeables. I managed to cram a protected 17670 AW cell in my 2007 T1. I had to take off the sticker, twist it in the battery tube until it fit (scraping off some of the anodizing and thinning the battery wrapper), and attaching a wire loop to the positive end of the battery to give me a way to pull the battery out. It runs about 1.5 hours overall and 1 hour regulated. Beats putting $7 in batteries in it per hour. I wasn't willing to scratch up the battery tube in the 2008 T1, but I know it would work.

boostedmiata

Newly Enlightened
I ended up ordering a Jet III pro from Bugoutgear, uses the same 18650 bats as my P7 so I don't have to carry different types. I thought of getting the SL version which would be a simular profile to the Inova T1, but wanted the extra throw.

radu1976

Enlightened
I got 42 minutes on my old T1 TIROS using one AW RCR123 . About the same runtime with a RCR TENERGY CR123 3V.
But it's about the old version.

rtt

Enlightened
I mean 2 x R123s. 2 x 3.7V = ok

I've used mine for around an hour with no ill effects or change in output.

Just curious if your 2 x R123 setup in the new T1 is still working? How many charges have you put on this setup? Is the tint on the led changing? Sure would like to get feedback....thanks

Another question for T1 owners.....is there a reason why the T1 cannot be bored out enough to accept 17670 AW's?

polkiuj

Enlightened
The 2008 Inova T1 can use rechargeables.

I mean 2 x R123s. 2 x 3.7V = ok

I've used mine for around an hour with no ill effects or change in output.

Sorry for bringing up an old thread. Hope some1 can answer my question. 2008 Inova T1 can use 3.7V RCR123? I wanna ask about the output. Is it (much) brighter than running primaries? If it is, by how much? Fully regulated on RCR?

One more, should I buy one now or wait for the 2009 T1 (slightly brighter) / Inforce 6V (which some1 has to send to me =D)

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
A friend from work is using the restricted voltage (3V) LiFe PO4s in his INOVA T1 with good results.Not sure of the runtime as battery capacity is pretty low but he is getting several days of use without recharging.I may go this route myself eventually.I still don't like the idea of using 3.7V RCRs and it seems like you get the same output anyway.

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
A friend from work is using the restricted voltage (3V) LiFe PO4s in his INOVA T1 with good results.Not sure of the runtime as battery capacity is pretty low but he is getting several days of use without recharging.I may go this route myself eventually.I still don't like the idea of using 3.7V RCRs and it seems like you get the same output anyway.

I have used my T1 repeatedly on R123s without any ill effects.