New Energizer Industrial 2D LED -- Has anyone tried it yet?

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also noticed that this light is safety rated.Looks like a good candidate for an emergency light if it is well made with some kind of heat management for the LED.Anybody have one ? :popcorn:

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder if it uses a Cree or whatever at 45 lumens so it doesn't get too hot for the body and gets good runtime.

EDIT: nope it's a luxeon (pdf finally loaded for me).

Last edited:

Flash_Gordon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks interesting. One of the pictures on BrightGuy shows the reflector. It appears to be stippled in the area surrounding the LED and polished for the rest. Have not seen this approach before. Might help beam quality which is typically lousy in these lights.

Mark

smknman

Newly Enlightened
I orderd several of these for my place of business. They are very durable standing up to high temperatures, shock, and eight hour non-stop use. I would say that the lumen claim is close. They are more throw than spill and the tint on all of ours have been very white. I would rate the useable battery life to around 20 hours, still bright at this time but noticable dimmer. The only one that has failed in a year and a half (yes they have been out that long) was dropped from over 20ft and the head broke off.

Bottom line for me

These blow away the 2D incans they resemble in both brightness and runtime and they are true tools made for abuse.

avusblue

Enlightened
Re: New Energizer Industrial 2D LED -- review

I received one of these from BrightGuy yesterday. Very nice light and a great value.

o Brighter than I thought it would be, quite a thrower, yet still with a large and useful spill. Nice clean, white tint. Good, smooth beam quality, with the interesting "hybrid" style reflector mentioned by Flash_Gordon above working well.

o The plastic body is a pleasant surprise, it is a very hard, dense plastic that actually feels similar to SF's Nitrolon or Streamlight's ProPoly. Good knurling and a nice "feel" to grip. Definitely a notch above the expectation of an Energizer branded plastic body.

o It tailstands nicely and the built in carabiner will come in handy -- good for hanging from the belt loop of one's jeans, for example.

o Will have to wait and see about battery life, although I expect that to be another strong feature.

o It's my only "D" cell light and I expect it to be a good "go-to" utility light in lieu of grabbing a 123-powered SF G2L/6PL.

Overall -- a winner, especially considering its $23.88 price.

Cheers,

Dave