OK, How Do I Do This?

popcornpicker

Newly Enlightened
I want a Q5 with 2AA batteries, throw to flood focus beam and high, medium, low modes. Somewhere around 200, 80, and 10 lumens. No strobe or SOS. No memory.

Can I build one? Does anyone make one? I don't want to spend a fortune or dedicate my life to this.

Marduke

Flashaholic
You could take the Duracell DayLite and replace the circuit with a multi-mode one. It's SSC-P4 instead of Cree Q5, and I have no idea how easy it is to mod, but it would probably be doable.

popcornpicker

Newly Enlightened
Here's what I'm thinking, a Q5 will go about a thousand hours without getting hot on 3 volts and still puts out over 200 lumens. The Photon Proton Pro has infinite levels and you can still focus a Mini-Mag.

Can't I just screw some parts together and make a flashlight that will do what I want it to do?

If you consider me to be naive, that's fine, but how many modes and memories do you need?

It's a flashlight, right?

Calina

Enlightened
Here's what I'm thinking, a Q5 will go about a thousand hours without getting hot on 3 volts and still puts out over 200 lumens. The Photon Proton Pro has infinite levels and you can still focus a Mini-Mag.

Can't I just screw some parts together and make a flashlight that will do what I want it to do?

If you consider me to be naive, that's fine, but how many modes and memories do you need?

It's a flashlight, right?

You are naive if you think that this is a flashlight. IT IS A DAMN DISEASE; this is what it is....

Turn off your computer and run while you still can :crackup:.