Surefire Warranty Dept, call or email?

flip

Enlightened
For you unlucky folks that have needed to contact Surefire's Warranty Department, have you had any problems with them by phone or by email?

I have contacted them a few times by email. My 1st attempt got no reply. The 2nd attempt got the problem resolved. I emailed them about another problem. The reply was simply that the part could not be repaired in the field. They gave no offer to send what I needed or request that I send in the part for them to replace the bad part. A follow up email from me received no reply.

So, is my experience normal when emailing Surefire? Would I be better off by talking to someone there on the phone? Duh, dumb question right? I couldn't be any worse off.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Surefire likes e-mails about as much as vampires like the Sun.

Call them. They respond far better to calls than e-mails.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
CALL Call call call call call call call call.

EDIT: CALL CALL CALL CALL CALL CALL CALL CALL CALL CALL CALL
:sick2:
I have never had Surefire E-mail me back. EVER

Last edited:

bullfrog

Flashlight Enthusiast
haha - do you think Mr. Kim ever reads these threads?

flip

Enlightened
I'm not sure if I'm following you. Are you saying that maybe I should try calling them? :thinking:

Thanks guys. I'll give them a call tomorrow. :twothumbs

I'm sure this is a dumb question but who is Mr. Kim?

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
This is going to be another mega post response to this same question. Question asked, question answered. Call.

Bill

swampgator

Enlightened
Just curious: What's the average response from SF regarding a problem. I broke the clip on my E2E, called them and got a new one in the mail about two weeks later. My guess was that they ship warranty parts on a set dates. Anyone know for sure?

bullfrog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just curious: What's the average response from SF regarding a problem. I broke the clip on my E2E, called them and got a new one in the mail about two weeks later. My guess was that they ship warranty parts on a set dates. Anyone know for sure?

I've heard a whole range of shipping times from SF - some super-quick, some slow as hell.

My only experience was with a broken tailcap which took them over a month to get to me... No complaints though!

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast
SF customer service is hit or miss. I've had some really good experiences, and some that were not so great.

Over the years, I emailed SF several times and IIRC, they responded fairly promptly just about every time. The irony however, is that per their instructions, I would email for an RMA number...but rather than provide an RMA number in their return email, they instructed me to call them. In the end, everything worked out fine, so I have no complaints (thus far!).