The high cost of shipping

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
I sometimes am filled with envy at yhe CPF-ers who do NOT live in Singapore, the cost of shipping here is prohibitive. For example, I wanted to get 2 Terralux drop ins for my 2 x AA minimag and my 3D mag, the cost of shipping was just $3 shy of the cost of the drop ins..

On another note, Battery Junction was giving away, yes you heard me right, giving away lights, we would only have to bear shipping costs. It was stated that the maximum order was 50 lights so i put in my order thinking that if shipping was reasonable i would just take it and give them away as gifts etc.

Guess what, the shipping costs was $481.60, holy cow!!!

So, my question is apart from the usual run of stores, DX, KD, 4sevens, Fenix Store etc, are there any other stores that offer free international shipping so that i can slake my flashlight thirst?

Sarratt

Enlightened
I sometimes am filled with envy at yhe CPF-ers who do NOT live in Singapore,

You are not alone. Shipping to \ from Canada is expensive.

The real annoyance is returning a product to the U.S. where the cost of postage is a determining factor.
Even with good dealers like 4Sevens, were I to return a fully boxed light to him it would probably cost me $10 (500g-1k).
But when I looked at the postage that 7Sevens paid to send me the light it was $ 1.50 us. .....

So you're not alone.:wave:

pfccypret

Newly Enlightened
It's crazy, I once wanted to send something to Canada...Fedex wanted to charge me $112. The post office charged me $7.

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
You are not alone. Shipping to \ from Canada is expensive.

The real annoyance is returning a product to the U.S. where the cost of postage is a determining factor.
Even with good dealers like 4Sevens, were I to return a fully boxed light to him it would probably cost me $10 (500g-1k).
But when I looked at the postage that 7Sevens paid to send me the light it was $ 1.50 us. .....

So you're not alone.:wave:

Shipping TO canada is not expensive by post office, just that some dealers jack up the number for a big fat profit. This is why I really prefer some dealers like edcdepot who charge the same for u.s. and canada shipping, which reflect their actual cost.

But yeah return shipping is a pain in the butt, for bigger packages it's probably cheaper to drive down to states and mail from there. :ohgeez:

Last edited:

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also learned that Shipping Cost thing the hard way when joining here ...
Just do not order with enterprises charging You these, noone forces You to order there

Latest posts