Brightest, small, plastic/rubber flashlight??

E2E4ME

Newly Enlightened
I am the proud owner of an E2E HA, and I may be forced to leave it at home while on the job. Apparently there is a push to rid my workplace (nuclear power plant) of all metal flashlights. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif I need a light that is small, bright and plastic or rubber. I like a small nylon holster! Thanks for any help.

Sincerely,

victim of safe work environment

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
PT40 (waterproof) with 4 NiMH AA's and a bright bulb.

I suggest either a KPR139 (3.85 V 1.20 to 1.30 Amps depending on catalogue) or a Carley Krypton Star (3.70 V 1.2 A.)if your run times won't exceed 10 minutes.

For longer, cooler run times,most CPF'ers run the cheaper and more readily available 3 D cell Krypton bulbs that are usually 0.75 Amps with NiMH's.

I also have a PT40 that sits in a car with lithium AA's and a 4.80 V 0.85 A Xenon bulb. This, to me, seems to be the best bright emergency light configuration for the PT40.

I have another PT40 that sits in the car with 3 alkaline AAs, a dummy cell, and a jbechtold 4LED PR module for very long run output that's just a little dimmer than an X5.

paulr

Flashaholic
PT40 is nice, though somewhat bigger than your E2e. The PT Rage runs on four AAA's and is quite a bit smaller than the PT40. It's not quite as bright.

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
Several good choices:

-PT Rage
-UKE 2L or 4AA
-Surefire G2 or G2Z
-Pelikan Ultramitylite? 2AA with a tailcap switch. Throws a very smooth and even beam.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
How about the EternaLight EliteMax? This is one bright little lite. Waterproof, shockproof, long lasting battery life. EternaLight has a great leather belt holster for it. Also, has that overdrive mode for extra lumens, when you need it.

Empath

Flashaholic
If you're accustomed to Surefire quality beams, then a G2 should be a good replacement.

Wylie

Enlightened
I just got one of these and they are class 1 and 2 hazardous area approved, waterproof to 100 feet and very bright right out of the package for its size. I would suggest rechargeable batteries if in constant use.