Couple questions on mods and need some outsource work

Nautilus

Newly Enlightened
I am far from new to flashlights and have just about every production model light that I want.....even all the Porcupines(lost L6...need another) so now I have to learn how to make my own lights. The part of the process that makes me feel like I'm riding the short bus is the driver.:confused: Can someone tell me what is involved in wiring and selection of a driver? Where do I get them? I can only hope that someone takes the time to help me and if there are any CPF members in DFW please PM me.

Also, with the addition of the P7, many of my lights aren't as impressive to me as they once were. Starting with my EDC (McGizmo 2x123 27C) I would like to convert some of them to run a P7. Without me learning how to work with a driver, can a completed engine be made for me so I can just "drop it in"? Or does something prevent this?

While I am trying to learn how to mod LEDs, I would like to send off a few for upgrades if anyone would like to help.....let me know.

Last edited:

Nautilus

Newly Enlightened
THanks! Replied.

Anyone have time to mod some lights for me? I'm looking for a fast turnaround at least on a couple otherwise I'd get on the long lists of the obvious modders.