My issue with the Fenix LODCE

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
The head on my LODCE turns too easily, it either comes on in my pocket or the head comes off. My E01 does not do this at all.
Has anyone else had this problem with a LOD?

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not one of my three L0D's does that but I believe that a thicker o-ring might be able to cure it. This of course in case yours has its o-ring in place, otherwise you just replace it with a spare one. :)

crocodilo

Enlightened
He he, mine is just the opposite: the only twisty which I'm required to use both hands if I want to operate consistently... Guess it only has to do with the orings.

Patriot

Flashaholic
I have 4 of them and haven't had that problem yet. I clean and lube the o-rings with Nyogel periodically.

cslinger

Enlightened
Had the same problem. Stopped using it because of this. Had an alky cell vent most likely because the light came on and sucked it super dry as well.

Chris

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you thought about using the Streamlight Microstream body/switch for the L0D? I did the swap within a day or two of receiving my L0D, as I discovered how much I hate the multi-function twisty switch (worst interface ever IMO). If you are afraid of the SL push-button switch coming on in your pocket, you can turn the body about half a turn to lock out the switch. This easy sap turned my L0D from a non-user to EDC use.