What have I done to my P7 ?

Essexman

Flashlight Enthusiast
What have I done to my P7 ?

PA140064.jpg

Only 2 and a bit dies working now............

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Was this a DD configuration?

A little more information about your setup would help. How many cells, what type, ect.

That's a bummer!

DocD

Enlightened
looks like either it was DOA or to much forward voltage burn up the wire's to the die's, i toasted a P7 myself :oops:but you live and learn if this was DD did you get it from DX because i had some P7 info says 3.5 to 3.75 volts J bins, turned out to3.25 to 3.5 volts I bins,

Essexman

Flashlight Enthusiast
if this was DD did you get it from DX because i had some P7 info says 3.5 to 3.75 volts J bins, turned out to3.25 to 3.5 volts I bins,

Nail, head, hit ! :twothumbs Sorry no prize (unless you want a half dead P7 ?)

I'm glad I'm not the only one to do this then!

I really wanted to post this so others could learn from my mess up.

In my tightness I purchased said P7 from DX and took their info for the bin as perfect for direct drive on three C cells.

Wow it was bright for a while, well a few minutes and the tint started to go blue..........aarrrrgghhhhhh.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

So I powered it up at work on a nice power supply and found the Vf to be around 3.1V, oh, and it's buggered.

Oddly I cranked it up to 3.5 Amps on the power supply and it was fine, whats left of the die workd great. The guys at work were surprised a little LED could put out so much light :naughty:

DocD

Enlightened
Got a spare I bin or got some P7 d bin but they could be J or I bins who know when you buy from DX away for a week from saturday cheers DocD

uluapoundr

Newly Enlightened
I burnt out 2 DX P7 running direct drive on 3 C cells. Just like you said, was bright, then after a few seconds, turned purple, then poof! I have a 2 die and 3 die P7, still runs on my 3 C cells, but of course not as bright. These are now my beater lights. This is why I purchase from PhotonFanatic from now on.

Essexman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got a spare I bin or got some P7 d bin but they could be J or I bins who know when you buy from DX away for a week from saturday cheers DocD

I thinks that's ^^^^^^^^^ an offer ? Thanks.
I may take you up on that when you return.