I just got an Aeon

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is a spectacular light. I was very pleased that the low setting is truely low output. I have lost my appreciation for the less is better concept. This light has reaquainted me with this concept. The high setting makes this a true pocket rocket. It is amazing how much light is produced for 1.5 hours of regulation. This beauty out performs my Surefire L2.

I gave my wife my Ion, she wanted a low power pocketable light.

Thanks Muyshondt!

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks

The lows are comparable with the Aeon slightly brighter. The Aeon blows it away on high. The beam profile for the Aeon favors throw, although it does a good job of lighting up everything in front of you.

They are identical in appearance.

precisionworks

Flashaholic
This is a spectacular light.
+1

IMO, the Nautilus is just a little too large ... you always know it's in the bottom of your pocket, which is why mine hangs from a neck lanyard instead. Not so the Aeon, which disappears even when wearing a suit. It's the best I've seen in a package that size.

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is a spectacular light. I was very pleased that the low setting is truely low output. I have lost my appreciation for the less is better concept. This light has reaquainted me with this concept. The high setting makes this a true pocket rocket. It is amazing how much light is produced for 1.5 hours of regulation. This beauty out performs my Surefire L2.

I gave my wife my Ion, she wanted a low power pocketable light.

Thanks Muyshondt!
+1

The Aeon is superb in every way you can imagine. I've just ordered another one in case I lose mine...

MKLight

Enlightened
Not me. I only have an Ion. I've had it for a couple years - whenever they originally came out. I like it and have never had any problems with it. Now the high setting isn't as high as I remembered it...too many new/more powerful lights out there. That's a good thing! :)

Thanks,
Mike

weren't you the one that posted a thread on it malfunctioning? :thinking:
glad to see that worked out for ya :thumbsup:

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
weren't you the one that posted a thread on it malfunctioning? :thinking:
glad to see that worked out for ya :thumbsup:

That was me Illum.

This is the replacement. The one I sent back had a nasty habit of self activating to high mode. Why is it when I get a cool new toy to play with its always during a full moon?!

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
+2

kelmo - Congrats on a great light. Enrique knocked it out of the park with this light,
the Aeon is the absolute pinnacle of EDC lights.

- The longer "travel" between low/high is perfect.
- Threads are silky smooth w/ the right resistance.
- Runs one heck of a long time on a single CR2.
- Did I mention the sapphire lens is tough as nails.
- Great tint with one of the best beams around.
- And a build quality that is second to none.

Although it probably looks like ours, don't be shy and show us a pic! :poke: