Whats the brightest LED flashlight?

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
At 720 lumens, it's hard to beat the total light output of a Mega6 with any other LED light...

The brightest "single" LED right now has to be Mr Bulk's Space Needle II, at over 7200 lux...

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Though the dat2zip BadBoy 500 and the Mr. Bulk LGI II are my most used lights my Elektro Lumens Blasters are brighter. Very, very different lights designed to do very different things.

Not sure about the Mega6 but with that configuration it should be a very bright flood.

I believe (and if I'm wrong I'll get corrected quickly) the record holders for registered beam brightness would be mods. I've seen beamshots for several. The two I have in mind had limited offerings...Lamda's MegaClops and Mr. Bulk's Space Needle II. As I recall, the Space Needle II registers around 7,000 bazillion lux; it could be gazillion but I think it's bazillion.

**Edit** I was typing while FalconFX was posting. Go with what he said as he is much more knowledgable than am I.

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ding ding! A quick search, and it looks like the SNII is still the crowned Lux King... An "X" binned 5Wer will be one to up the ante. If the Super6 is any indication, the Mega6 is a huge flood of light. The Helios, 15Ws and 360lumens of power, is the one based with 3 collimators... Very "focused" bright.

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
The brightest certainly the Mega6. BUT, the longest throwing and at the same time the brightest led is certainly SN2. Nothing (currently) could defeat it on its might; that is if you are comparing among led light.

stangster

Newly Enlightened
Wow. The space needle and the mega6 look amazing! But I can't seem to find any info on how to get my hands on the SN. Is it a limited edition mod?

What's the brightest "readily available" LED flashlight?

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Space Needle's a special run by Mr Bulk. Unfortunately, I don't think it's running anymore.

Brightest "readily available" will have to be the Mega6 or Helios...

shankus

Flashlight Enthusiast
I read this in the questions, problems forum last night.

[ QUOTE ]
MR Bulk said:
So I finally turn off my computer in disgust and went out shopping (for Mag 2C's incidentally, silver and black, hmmm, why would I do that? but that's another story)...
MR Bulk is IN da house!

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like there could be more on the way.

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
With Charlie and his connections, he could have more Ws or Xs, and no one would live to tell if they ever knew....
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
[ QUOTE ]
PlayboyJoeShmoe said:
My SNII ought to be here perty soon...

[/ QUOTE ]

You won't be disappointed with a Space Needle II.
I have one of these things, and it's definitely the BRIGHTEST single LED light out there, especially if you tighten the focus to make it into a spotlight. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif