placed an order- is there comparisons already done?

virtualbeing

Newly Enlightened
With some help and review i made my 1st REAL leap into decent lights. I ordered from PTS- since they are close to me & out of state so no tax. :grin2:

I ordered esentially 3 very similar models. Mainly so i can see which seems to work best for me given a very similar model.

Wolf Eyes D2AX-ii -$75
Eagle Tac 10C2 $64
Fenix TK-10 $74

and for handiness a 2AA Eagle tac 10A2. $58

This should give me a pretty good feel for 3 very similar models to compare them. Down the road i may look for a larger main house light- but that $25 Husky at home depot may fill that category with ease considering the price.

They are not here yet, but what might i look at when comparing these? Personal feel, grip, texture, spot vs. flood, battery life. Other things i should compare? I don't have a light meter, so thats something I cant quantify. I can run a fairly objective light on the wall test with a camera.

I saw a thread or two about the Fenix, is there any on these models of Wolf and Eagle? Cant wait! Oh boy, my 1st *REAL* lights ! :twothumbs LOL

DM51

Flashaholic
Have a look in the Flashlight Reviews section. There are some in-depth reviews there of all the popular lights, in most cases including comparisons with their competitors.

Edit: Marduke beat me to it. LOL, I'm getting slow - that's twice it's happened today.

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
First off :welcome:

That's a nice selection of lights you got there, my first foray was a cheapo ultrafire C3 as i live overseas and have to order online and shipping costs from the US to Singapore is extremely prohibitive.

There are loads of brands out there, Jetbeam, Olight, Novatac, Lumapower, DBS and of course, Surefire. If you're interested in higher end lights, you may want to consider getting a custom light, check this thread http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=92

As the technology stands, it seems to be peaking for the moment and based on what i am reading here, improvements are incremental in terms of output and regulation.

Lots of the time, the differences when comparing various models of lights from different companies based on similar form factors i.e. same number of cells, same LED etc, can come down to the details but then again, the details are why we're here. If we weren't, we'd be running around in the dark bumping into things cos the cheap Walmart/Target/wherever 2D plastic incan died cos of leaking cells, no maintenance and a lack of preparedness.

Think that one of the stock reasons for owning loads of lights is 'better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it' and that's what i tell my wife whenever she sees me online with the credit card clutched feverishly in my left hand, mouse clicking away in the right. But truth to tell, i just like 'em

oh yes, for Fenix, you can check out

www.4sevens.com
www.fenix-store.com

Oh yeah, read this thread for some primer knowledge
http://cpf.carrot.googlepages.com/flashlight_guide

Last edited by a moderator: