Newbie needs help

Daish

Newly Enlightened
im looking for a very good thrower flashlight searching around this site it seems dereelight DBS V2 is one of the best for the price $125?

so anyway i go to the dereelight website and get really confused with all the types http://www.dereelight.com/dbsv2.htm

i would like to get the extention tube for 2x18650 to use it sometimes not all the time will something spode or break if i use the extention tube with some of the types there

what one in that list is the best for throw do not care so much about run time i would just like a really far throw and tight beem and will that one work with 2x18650

Gunner12

Flashaholic
You can also look at this light for throw.

For the DBS, you'll need a pill ending with M in order to use two Li-ion batteries. The 1SM-2 or 3SM.

If you don't care so much about runtime, then why 2 18650 batteries? A 18650 is the same length as 2 CR123s but wider. Also more voltage doesn't mean more output with LED lights. The driver or circuit(what ever you call it) in the light determines the output by controlling the current to the LED. IIRC For Dereelight, the moduled ending with D should have the most output. They drive the LED at 1.2 amp vs 1 amp.

:welcome:

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can safely use a 1SM or a 3SM module with 2x 18650.
Using 1x 18650 you won't have super flat regulation, but it will still work just fine.

A DBS will throw and throw and throw. :twothumbs

Daish

Newly Enlightened
You can also look at this light for throw.

For the DBS, you'll need a pill ending with M in order to use two Li-ion batteries. The 1SM-2 or 3SM.

If you don't care so much about runtime, then why 2 18650 batteries? A 18650 is the same length as 2 CR123s but wider. Also more voltage doesn't mean more output with LED lights. The driver or circuit(what ever you call it) in the light determines the output by controlling the current to the LED. IIRC For Dereelight, the moduled ending with D should have the most output. They drive the LED at 1.2 amp vs 1 amp.

:welcome:

i like the length sometimes and care about the runtime sometimes + im weird

what about the upgrade to WC R2 option been looking around says its 7% brighter and will not drain any extra power

so i guess ill get the brightest one with a single 18650 and if i want to extend it latter ill get a drop in module