Just received a Ra Twisty 100TW - I know, what took me so long!

jimmy1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
New light from Battery Station... 1 week only from U.S. to Brisbane, Australia! - Quickest delivery yet...

Looks a great torch. Shorter & fatter than the D10 GP, with a nice colour tint - somewhat softer in colour than the D10. I like the simple twist with 3 brightness settings - simple!

Thanks for the great advice from CPF members!:thumbsup:

jr/

SnWnMe

Enlightened
Congrats! :twothumbsTwisties are the shizznitz! Are you planning on reprogramming it?

Put your SN up the registry.

jimmy1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
SnWnMe,

I might reprogramme the low as it may be a bit too low for night walking. With the D10 on low (3lm), that was barely enough!!

The Pelican 1010 case and 6 free batteries are a nice bonus (1 Duracell inside torch).

I should have listened to you guys and just bought a Twisty from the start!

I just checked it out down a pitch black emergency hallway and the beam is just beautiful.

The beam is so subtle with no super bright hot spot distracting my eyes from the spill beam. The hype is right!! I didn't truly believe it until now!

I can see why so many of you are going ape-s**t over this new Clicky.:)

jr/

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good choice in light. I too found the low too low for my uses so I reprogrammed mine to about 3 lumens, the other levels are perfect for me. Enjoy your light!

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Good choice in light. I too found the low too low for my uses so I reprogrammed mine to about 3 lumens, the other levels are perfect for me. Enjoy your light!
SnWnMe,

I might reprogramme the low as it may be a bit too low for night walking. With the D10 on low (3lm), that was barely enough!!
Does this mean the Ra is actually dimmer than the D10 on low?!? If so, I may have to get one! :eek: :thinking: :drool:

SaturnNyne

Enlightened
Does this mean the Ra is actually dimmer than the D10 on low?!? If so, I may have to get one! :eek: :thinking: :drool:
Considerably. The D10 is low for a midrange light, but it's not really low. I estimate my D10 as somewhere around 1lm, depending on battery used. The Ra will go down to either 0.07lm or 0.08lm, depending on model. (Default is 0.3lm, programming is required to set it lower.)

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Considerably. The D10 is low for a midrange light, but it's not really low. I estimate my D10 as somewhere around 1lm, depending on battery used. The Ra will go down to either 0.07lm or 0.08lm, depending on model. (Default is 0.3lm, programming is required to set it lower.)
This is great news as I've found the D10 to be far brighter than I would like it to be when it's really dark and I just want a tiny bit of 'moonlight' on things. The .3lm sounds promising if it actually appears to be about 1/3 the output of the D10 on low. I'm off to the Marketplace to see what's there now. :whistle:

jimmy1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 0.3lm low is not the lowest it can go - I think its around the 4th lowest level. It looks brighter than 0.3lm when you compare it with the 3lm of the D10 but it is definately lower and around the minimum required for use with eyes adjusted to low light.

If you woke up and turned the light on you may require less light but for normal use, the 0.3lm is about perfect.

James....