• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: New Old Stock Custom CR2 Ions - New Lights Added

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello Everyone,

Earlier in the week I found a box of new CR2 Ions that had been hiding away for quite some time now. I posted a thread selling the last of the black ones that were in the box, and finally got a chance to take some pictures of the others that were in there.

2958619487_e2219948ae.jpg

Some of these were part of a batch of special lights I had made with various different kinds of swirl anodizing, some were made from Magnesium, and some are prototypes and one-offs. All of them come with a one year warranty as new from me.

Light R3.3 & R3.4 are both Type II Anodized.
Light R3.1* is made from Aluminum Bronze and has the standard engraving on it - this is the only light done in such a manner, all others were just "bare" metal. 75 aluminum bronze lights were made in the initial run of lights and this is the last one of them.
Light R3.2 is Blue Anodized and is a Prototype with a Cree XR-E; it was the precursor to the CR2 Ion XT.
Light R4.2-4.4 & R3.5 are black Hardcoat.
Light R4.1 is made from Magnesium and weighs only 0.8oz (as opposed to the stock 1oz of the regular Ion). Be aware that although magnesium is very light, it is not an inert metal and is capable of corroding over the course of many years.

A brief summary of the light's features:
• CR2 Cell Based
• Fully Regulated 2-level Constant Current DC/DC Converter
• 2.15" in length, less than ¾" diameter
• Ultra Clear Lens (UCL) – Double sided Anti-reflective (AR) coated glass lens for 99% Light Transmittance
• Water Resistant – Custom-made gaskets and O-Ring seals for all-weather use
• Foam Washer to prevent battery rattle
• Key Ring Attachment with tail-standing ability

This was the first light to ever use a Cree XLamp LED (XL7090, NOT the XR-E which came well after it), and it produces a nice, smooth flood beam useful for most situations where you need to use a keychain light. With each of these lights I will include the newer type of foam washer used in my more recent Aeon and Nautilus lights, as well as an fresh Duracell CR2 cell as an extra. Pricing on these is $125 shipped anywhere in the United States, *excepting R3.1 which is $145 shipped. PayPal is [email protected]

In your payment please include the reference number of the light you want to order so that I can get the correct one to you, and POST HERE to let others know which have been claimed.

If you have any questions please feel free to drop me a line here in the thread, via PM, or e-mail me at [email protected]

I will try to keep this list a current as possible with which lights are available and which are sold:
R3.1: Sold - Olrac
R3.2: Unavailable
R3.3: Available
R3.4: On Hold
R3.5: On Hold

R4.1: Sold - jeffb
R4.2: Available
R4.3: Available
R4.4: On Hold

Also, to anyone who has bought a CR2 Ion from me in the past several days, I'd like to extend to you all a discount on the purchase of my newer light, the Aeon, so you all can see the differences in technology and the evolution of the design, and also as a token of thanks. :) Just go to www.muyshondt.net and go through the checkout process there, and reference the paypal transaction for your CR2 Ion purchase in the notes, and I will refund $25 of your purchase and send over the light.

Thanks!

-Enrique

Last edited:

white light

Enlightened
Re: FS: New Old Stock Custom CR2 Ions

I will take R1.3 R2.2 R2.4 R2.5 and 2.3 Please :D

PP to follow in a day; need to collect from the family members who wanted one of their own :whistle: :ironic: I myself am :broke: ,to bad cause I really like the red splash :naughty:.Thanks for the great find :thumbsup:

Last edited:

kiely23+

Enlightened

I will take the R2.1
and (backup) for the R2.5

Last edited:

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'll take back-up on R2.3 please.

Thanks.

hokoman

Newly Enlightened

back-up on 2.4 and 2.5 - i want both.

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have updated the first post with the status of the lights. No one who has staked their claim here has actually purchased any of these yet - if they're still available by the end of the day tomorrow, I'll let those who posted backup interest have their shot at them.

Take care folks.

-Enrique

hokoman

Newly Enlightened

white light! - you're killing me! i hope all your friends and family decide to keep their cash for the downturn in the economy! :p

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast

hokoman: I'd be surprised if white_light didn't keep the white light. :nana:

hokoman

Newly Enlightened

Maybe this is a sign for above to stop spending money on flashlights! Since I joined CPF, I've purchased a regular L1 from LA Police, a milky modded L1 from Scott, a minimini hid, and two of photon's titanium keychain lights. I need to stop spending money but man... those two would look sooooo good - I can match my outfits, especially the powder coated one in the summer (year round since I moved to Texas last week!)... no sympathy for a fellow texan... :laughing:

kiely23+

Enlightened

paypal sent for the R2.1 and shipping to Germany
thanks...
:twothumbs

white light

Enlightened

Sorry guys,:paypal: for lights. Hey Enrique,I know that you new thier wasn't a chance these were getting by me :thinking: :laughing: :party: :thanks:To bad funds are low,I would of taken one of each :naughty:.Best CR2 light ever made :D

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast

The list in the first post has been updated - the lights ordered will leave here soon. :)

-Enrique

Enzo Morocioli

Enlightened

Oh gosh...
Endeavour, I'm looking for a maroon colored CR2 Ion...
but....
Put my name down for the R1.1..
Need some time to organize funds. Consider me very tentative.
If you have a maroon one, please let me know as that's what I'd really want to buy.

starfiretoo

Flashlight Enthusiast

Love the swirl ano. Great price too. Though andy-tie-dye would be all over these?

hokoman

Newly Enlightened

alright... i'll take my 5th choice in color.... 1.2 paypal on the way.
:paypal:
hokoman

Last edited: