Holster options for Surefire 9P?

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
The search doesn't generate any good hits... never mind the word length restriction.

Need a holster, preferably with loops vs. a clip. for SF 9P.

Nylon is fine.

Last edited:

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast

Quick-detach belt loop allows user to attach or remove holster without having to remove belt.

How does that work?

bagman

Enlightened
You have a 2 piece velcro lined loop, it is probably designed to go on velcro lined duty belts as there is extra velcro hooks on the back to keep it in place on the belt as well.

Blackhawk uses a very simlar method of attachment for many of their pouches and I have never had a problem with it but Sf also do the same pouch with a fixed belt loop.

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
You might want to look at the Blackhawk Modulock holster. I love it. you can postion the holster vertical or canted however you like it. also the holster allows bezel up or down placement. It utilizes a Tek-Lok system that clips and locks to your belt. OR you can get the paddle system that comes with Blackhawk's Serpa pistol holsters and makes for a very comfortable holster that you can slip and clip onto your pants (in case you dont wear belts all the time)

dougie

Enlightened
I've worn various lights and other equipment mounted on Tek-loks for the past 3 years and never had any problems whatsoever. I actually hate belt loops for securing a pouch or other equipment on my duty belt as I find that it is an absolute pain to slide other bits of kit off the belt to get at something.The only concession to this on my belt is the V70 which I currently carry my G2z in. FWIW I love the ease of access and ability to quickly re-holster the G2z in the V70 without fumbling around. Although I've tried lots of different pouches the V70 and a couple of custom made kydex holsters are the best sloution I've ever found for carrying a flashlight. However, if you don't like or can't wear a belt on your pants it obviously isn't the answer.

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try the Maxpedition offering that both Lighthound and Batteryjunction sells.

It carries the flashlight head up though...

Tomcat!

Enlightened
I use a Raines baton holder for my 9P.
http://www.raineinc.com/CatItemDetail.asp?Src=C&Cat=Baton+Holders&SrcInfo=1&Item=47BLHBR

It has quick release velcro flaps on the back and will fit a 50mm duty belt or pretty much any wide trouser belt. The torch fits bezel up and slides in and out smoothly for quick draw as the holder is pretty rigid and is a tad wider than the body is thick. The torch drops in right up to the head. Be warned though, this is probably not the holder for you if you crawl around on the floor a lot because the torch might slide out as there is no cover flap, although it's never happened to me. BTW, the SF Z48/49 tailcaps won't fit easily as they are wider than the 9P body. The stock Z59 is fine.

crocodilo

Enlightened
Pardon the publicity, but I'm selling an Eagle holster over at the Marketplace that should fit a 9P: it's made for a 6P, but since it's open bottom, the 9P will just have the tailcap exiting below. It's black nylon, flap with velcro, and belt loop also with velcro.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use the Lazer Brite ACH Holster (tactical pouch: http://www.lazerbrite.com/products.html). It's designed to hold the Lazer Brite modular light stick, but holds a G3/9P Perfectly in the main compartment. I keep extra batteries in the battery sheath, and an Inova X1 in the "sheilding tube" compartment! Use's Molle webbing in the back, so it will easily attach to a belt, armor, LBV, pack, etc.