Excellent Surefire customer service!!!!

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Last night, I was doing some low-light training at the range. I took out my M3 from my range bag and gave the lockout tailcap a twist to test the light. After approx. 5 seconds I heard a 'crackle' noise and the light output dropped to 1/2 brightness. Then it went black. Looking straight at the bezel, the bulb had exploded (!).
I promptly turned the tailcap to the off position and removed the bezel. All of the glass had cracked into sand sized pieces, but the filament stayed intact (mostly). I have still not gone through a set of batts in it, as I have only used it for training, so it dosent have much time on it, and it never stays on too long. The lamp assembly MN10 that it came with was defective out of the box, and they gracefully replaced it for free, but now with the failure of the MN11 in the bezel, my confidence has somewhat faded. This light has never been dropped, but has been subjected to the recoil of my TRP Operator .45 and my Glock 17c (9mm). Of course, thats the main reason that I have purchased this light, to use it in tactical situations. This morning, I promptly e-mailed Surefire and let them know of my problem. They wrote this excellent reply (see below), although I'm not sure if I want to trust my life with this one.

Thank you for your inquiry regarding SureFire products. Bursting bulbs are
not a commonly occuring problem with the M3. The percentage of failure on the
M3 models is less than one percent. We will send you out two new bulbs and a
new Z46 bezel. Should the problem persist, we will take the next necessary step
in providing you with reliable light system.

Surefire is dedicated to providing world-class customer service. We
appreciate your interest in our products and welcome any future inquiries and
comments.

Sincerely,
George Syrengelas
Technical Support

pjenkins00

Newly Enlightened
wow, that sounds like their world renouned service right there. let us know if the new bulbs work out alright.

- Pete

wolfmann601

Newly Enlightened
Just had to add:

I just bought an M-6. After turning it on for a very short period of time, the sucker died. I ran out and bought new batteries and I had blinding light once again. I dropped a quick E-mail to surefire, not as a complaint, but just to let them know [I am a newbie here so I was not aware of the thread about SF batteries]

Dan from customer service called and left a message within a day or two of my e-mail and his response was simply wonderful. He took care of my issue in a way I did not ask for or expect. He was very polite, friendly, and very concerned.

Dan, thanks alot buddy. I just bought my second M-6 so I can get my 10X back from my son. your actions have made me a diehard Surefire fan!!!!........Ira

fasteddie

Enlightened
wolfmann, was there a problem with the M6 or was it a battery problem? I'm about to get one myself and would like to know if there's anything I should watch out for.