LED Replacement for SF M3T

waterboiler

Newly Enlightened
I am looking for a LED light to replace my trusty SureFire M3T as my main throw light in my kit.

I have used the M3T for a few years and love its flexibility. With bulb and battery options as well as spares it does become a 'large' part of my EDC gear. Given the advancements in LED lights of late I hope I can find a smaller light to replace it. I had been planning on a SF UA2 or UB2 but alas they are probably months ( if ever ) away.

I have an Olight M20 (R2) which I am very impressed with but I do not find it to have enough 'real output' to match the M3T especially with MN16 (HOLA) on 17670s.

My research leads me to look into a DBS but would it be a significant step up over the M20 ? Should I continue to wait for the UA2/UB2 ? ...

txgp17

Enlightened
You'll have to wait for the Surefire KL9 head to hit the market.

Or, you can have Milkyspit make a custom modification for you.

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, the DBS would be a very large step up in throw from the M20.

Neither of the vaporware Surefires will come close to outthrowing the DBS if/when they are released.

Patriot

Flashaholic
I have an Olight M20 (R2) which I am very impressed with but I do not find it to have enough 'real output' to match the M3T especially with MN16 (HOLA) on 17670s.

My research leads me to look into a DBS but would it be a significant step up over the M20 ? Should I continue to wait for the UA2/UB2 ? ...

It would be a significant step up in throw over the M20 but not a great difference in lumen output.

Latest posts