Need advice: buy another Jet II IBS or ?????

Mountainman38

Newly Enlightened
I've gotten a tremendous amount of information and value from this site, and would now like to call on the collective wisdom here to help me make a decision.

I bought a Jetbeam Jet II IBS about 3 months ago, after reading Self-builts excellent review. I love this light, and find it superior to others mainly because of it's ability to focus. Around the house, around the campsite, out in the woods, looking around in my car at night -- the flood light is fabulous! I don't know why more lights don't have this feature, as a single spot of hot light is of very little use for most of the things I commonly do. Ocassionally I use the spot light for longer range, so it's nice to have that available.

My question is this: Since the Jet II IBS is discontinued, do I

A) Buy another one to make sure I always have one?

B) Keep looking for another regulated light with multiple outputs that can be focused?

Any thoughts/suggestions would be most welcome. I need to decide soon, because Bugout only has a few Jet II's left in stock, and I don't want to miss out on one.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Personally, I'd buy more; I've been EDCing my Jet II IBS for months now, and I've become completely spoiled by it. Once you get used to the IBS interface and being able to use the light bare-emitter, everything else pales in comparison.

It should be noted that the Jet isn't the only light that has a removable head/reflector, the Lumapower Incendio and Fenix E20 can also be used bare-emitter, but they obviously don't have the IBS interface or the JetBeam build quality..

Mountainman38

Newly Enlightened
Personally, I'd buy more; I've been EDCing my Jet II IBS for months now, and I've become completely spoiled by it. Once you get used to the IBS interface and being able to use the light bare-emitter, everything else pales in comparison.

It should be noted that the Jet isn't the only light that has a removable head/reflector, the Lumapower Incendio and Fenix E20 can also be used bare-emitter, but they obviously don't have the IBS interface or the JetBeam build quality..

Thanks! You've confirmed what my research was telling me. Guess I was hoping for another cool light, but since there IS nothing better, I'll stick with the Jet II.